Salt and Red Pepper
Beans/SilentGeneration
bhwilson
JakobA
JaneS
President Mayhem vs. Sharonna
SapphicHeart
ProblemCh1ld
hartfire
CLURT
Didge
Karen
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Pursuant to DACA, undocumented people came out of the shadows to sign up. If that executive order is rescinded, can they be deported??

Pursuant to DACA, undocumented people came out of the shadows to sign up. If that executive order is rescinded, can they be deported??

Hello:

The 5th Amendment says a citizen may NOT "be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself"..  I say that the people ON the DACA list were COMPELLED to put themselves on it.

NO, they cannot be deported..  You say what?

• 3022
    I think they should be allowed to stay unless they are criminals.
    0

• 4939
    Logical flaw in your description.

Quote :citizen may NOT "be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself"..    but those people aren't citizens.DACA has no clause for citizenship.

Luckily for your argument though, it says " No person", not citizen.
    0

• 2884
    Hello Glis:

Thanks for correcting me.. 

So, you agree that they're persons, and they're NOT required to be witness's against themselves..  Cool.

1

• 4939
    Hey man, not trying to be jerk this time,  but someone I'm sure would have been silly enough to use the word citizen as an argument against what you're throwing down even though the true wording lends support to your claim.

0