Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » What is your curse? It's that thing that always happens to you but nobody else.

What is your curse? It's that thing that always happens to you but nobody else.

My husband is cursed when we go out to eat.  Every time he orders it's I'm sorry we're all out of that.  We went out to eat tonight and after he ordered the waitress came back and said they were out of it so he looked at the menu again and ordered something else.  The waitress came back again and said I'm sorry we're out of that too.  It happens to him every time he goes out to eat lol.

Posted - January 10, 2017

Responses

looking for work, either noone will hire me or they wont keep me
      January 10, 2017 9:36 PM MST

I think that's a curse for a lot of people.  It's like a double curse because it seems like unemployed people have a harder time finding jobs than employed people who are looking for another job.
      January 12, 2017 10:29 PM MST

• One Sunday, long ago when the kids were all at home, Mrs Didge was sick so I took over the cooking and did a roast chicken for lunch. I had just taken it out of the oven and was holding the baking tray in an oven cloth when there was a knock at the front door. The kids were watching TV and didn't answer it and I walked inside, still holding the chicken.

Realising my mistake I put it on a seat which, I hoped, was protected by the oven cloth, spoke to the caller, and turned back inside. And something on the TV caught my eye. So I sat down to watch. On top of the chicken.

And leapt to my feet. 

The kids are all in their 50s now but they still call me the chicken sitter.

That's not the only thing I've sat on over the years -- my butt is a slow learner -- and my habit of sitting down without looking, often with unpleasant results, has been a lifetime curse.
      January 10, 2017 10:02 PM MST

• Very funny, especially the last part. Smiling broadly, thank you for it.
      January 10, 2017 11:24 PM MST

January 10, 2017 11:49 PM MST

My Uncle calls my dad Gallagher.  One time I asked him why he calls my dad Gallagher.  I found out Gallagher was a comedian who smashed watermelons and when my dad was 11 years old he dropped a watermelon when they were coming from the grocery store.  That was 49 years ago lol.  It was never forgotten!
      January 12, 2017 10:27 PM MST

• Oh, yeah. Things like that stick. Watermelons are VERY explosive., I know. :( 
      January 12, 2017 11:11 PM MST

• You do? Is it a case of spontaneous combustion or do you have to agitate them into exploding )
      January 12, 2017 11:18 PM MST

• I think there must be a fair amount of inner tension because when you drop one it fairly explodes rather than, as you would expect, just breaking. Maybe somebody who knows about these things can explain it.

Anyway, I'm outa here. Back tomorrow. :)
      January 12, 2017 11:26 PM MST

• I looked it up.
    According to whataboutwatermelon.com, the answer lies in an 'exploding gene' / bacterial infection.
    I like the former but then I have a silly sense of humour.
      January 13, 2017 3:24 AM MST

You just need to beat the curse ONE time to break it.
    So next time the 2 of you go out, make sure he ask for a glass of water. Once it has arrived he can ask for whatever else he want ;-)
      January 10, 2017 10:03 PM MST

It's a beautiful question,but try as I might I'm unable to answer it;))
      January 10, 2017 10:42 PM MST

Oh gosh, what isn't? lol

Oddly enough, even before I saw the added part to your question, my response was very similar. Every time I visit a new restaurant, the service is terrible. It doesn't matter if the person I'm going with has been there 100 times and they're always wonderful. The first time I go, it's bad. The waitress will forget about us, they'll bring the wrong food, they'll forget items, they'll be out of stuff, etc. I've even had waitresses dump entire plates of food on my lap- several times. 

The same can be said most times I try out any kind of new venue or service- a doctor, a salon, a grocery store... it doesn't matter. 
      January 11, 2017 12:06 AM MST

• I had a similar experience yesterday. We bought lunch at an Asian stall and I didn't get what I asked for. I didn't mind, what we got was delicious, but I meant to go back and ask. It's too late now. :( 
      January 11, 2017 12:09 AM MST

My hubby and I hardly ever go out to eat lol.  We were on vacation this week so we ate out a lot.  They were out of what he wanted five times lol.  The only restaurants that hubby didn't have bad luck at were Golden Coral and Old Country Buffet.  He seems to be exempt from bad luck at buffets most of the time but not always.

This post was edited by Livvie at January 12, 2017 11:58 PM MST
      January 12, 2017 10:54 PM MST

Whenever I stand in a line, even if it's the shortest line, it ends up being the slowest line. If I switch to a different queue, the line I left speeds up and the new one slows done. I've learned to just be patient.
      January 11, 2017 10:31 AM MST

Yes, i have that too. Whichever line I join at the supermarket is the one that suddenly slows down to a crawl. :-)
      January 11, 2017 11:11 AM MST

IKR  The line I picked had one guy standing in it!  One guy!  The other line with five people in it was done before he was!
      January 12, 2017 10:32 PM MST

• It's not very PC but I always count the number of old people in those lines and pick the one with the fewest. There's a lot of counting of small change.
      January 12, 2017 11:03 PM MST

I am not cursed. I am blessed and highly favored. 
      January 11, 2017 11:15 AM MST

Braggard, We will make you regret saying that :-) - (there is no way to win this game) This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at January 12, 2017 4:08 AM MST
      January 11, 2017 6:34 PM MST

Lol
      January 11, 2017 6:51 PM MST