Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Do unhappy questions make you unhappy?

Do unhappy questions make you unhappy?

Posted - January 10, 2017

Responses

• Nope. They make me think, and I enjoy thinking.
      January 10, 2017 10:59 PM MST

That's nice,but I shy away from things which make me sad;))
      January 10, 2017 11:02 PM MST

• Having have several major depressions in my life, I've had to learn which things to face and which to avoid.
    A negative emotion can be an indicator of a need, for instance is a fear is realistic it indicates a need to take action to ensure safety, but if it is unrealistic, say, a conditioned reaction from something in the past with no bearing on the present, then it requires a different response, such as deep breathing and self comfort and self reassurance.
    I did find that during those times it was good for me to avoid documentaries about sad or difficult matters, and to avoid dwelling on things that pulled me further down hill.
    I discovered that balance is an extremely useful thing. If too much of something, leave it for a while and attend to something positive or useful.
      January 13, 2017 1:06 PM MST

I do too.  I like talking about issues that make me think.
      January 13, 2017 1:19 PM MST

What would be an unhappy question?
      January 10, 2017 11:50 PM MST

Depends a lot on my mood, and the emotions the particular question make me feel in the moment I read it. I think most of all I am feeling the sadness that might be behind the question, and my sadness is addressed to the person asking their question.
      January 11, 2017 1:23 AM MST

sometimes, depends on what the question is
      January 11, 2017 9:55 AM MST

• Of course not. It's not my unhappiness and if I can help I will, if I can't I stay out of them, and if it's just somebody who likes to complain I pass it over. 

At some time in my life I may have had an empathy bypass. 
      January 11, 2017 10:20 AM MST

No, tey don't.
      January 11, 2017 10:47 AM MST

Sometimes they aggravate me which pisses me off and makes me react and that makes me happy for a moment until I realize I am being a total ass about it which makes me unhappy.
      January 11, 2017 10:50 AM MST

Not at all.  Serious and sometimes depressing subject matter actually makes me feel more reflective.  I don't mind sharing some of my experiences, especially if it helps just one person not feel so alone.  
      January 13, 2017 1:17 PM MST