Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » ObamaCare looking better and better?

ObamaCare looking better and better?

Who knows they might go from scrapping it, to reforming it, to simply keeping it.

Posted - January 11, 2017

Responses

It is called repeal and replace.
      January 11, 2017 5:27 AM MST

Right now called we shall see.
      January 11, 2017 5:35 AM MST

To my knowledge unless Trump goes another route. It is called The Patients Choice Act. 
      January 11, 2017 6:02 AM MST

Hello my:

Yeah, that's what they SAY..  But, they have NO plan to replace it with.  You'd think after all this time they would..  The problem is, they LIKE the goodies, such as FORCING insurance companies to insure people with pre-existing conditions, but they have NO CLUE how to pay for it..

Can YOU help them, my??

excon
      January 11, 2017 5:37 AM MST

Ryan has had a plan posted for a while now. It is called the Patients Choice Act.

http://paulryan.house.gov/healthcare/
      January 11, 2017 6:00 AM MST

The choice to be poor and die or be rich and live?
      January 11, 2017 7:20 AM MST

That is the standard line the left loves to use.
      January 11, 2017 7:54 AM MST

The poor should be responsible for their own health. It is their fault.
      January 11, 2017 8:16 AM MST

No one is proposing to get rid of Medicaid
      January 11, 2017 8:23 AM MST

Ok. Thank you. Guess everything will be ok. Praise Jesus.
      January 11, 2017 8:24 AM MST

We should always Praise Jesus.
      January 11, 2017 8:29 AM MST

>>>THANK THEY FOR THEIR REPLY<<<  This post was edited by Mr. Bromide at January 11, 2017 8:32 AM MST
      January 11, 2017 8:31 AM MST

Hello again, my:

Couple things..  IF that's the plan, WHY haven't they offered it??  I suggest it's because it doesn't add up.  I see where he's gonna cover people with pre-existing conditions and pay for it with health savings accounts.  I saw NOTHING about caps.  Seems to ME the most expensive patient to cover is one WITH a pre-existing condition, and he'll bump up against the CAP on the first day.  What happens to that person afterwards??? 

Look..  You KNOW I'm a capitalist..  You KNOW that if there was a capitalistic SOLUTION to the problem, I'd be right on it.  But, the health care system is BROKEN.  You KNOW it is..  All you have to do is watch TV for an hour..  You'll see at least 10 adds for some pharmaceutical or another...  It's WRONG..  Life saving drugs should be prescribed by your doctor - NOT SOLD ON TV... 

As long as we LET pharmaceutical company CEO's to make $ZILLIONS, the system will NEVER be fixed..

excon This post was edited by excon at January 11, 2017 6:37 AM MST
      January 11, 2017 6:35 AM MST

Offered when? Under Obama, why? He would never look at it much less pass it. But it has been out for a while I have mentioned it in the past. This is Ryan's specific plan. There is also a similar plan called Universal Healthcare Tax Credit not sure of the exact differences between the two. 
    I do agree big pharm should not be allowed to advertise the way they do. 
      January 11, 2017 7:10 AM MST

No matter what they do, insurance companies, doctors, hospitals, and drug manufacturers will use it as an excuse to raise rates. They just had to overhaul their systems and now if they have to reconfigure them again, they will say "this switching back and forth has cost us billions and we have no choice but to pass it on to the consumer*."

And all the tech companies are licking their chops. They already build in obsolescence into their products (sites, apps), but now they'll have a "legitimate" excuse to charge even more for their services.

Just as the "recession" was an excuse to gut employees, benefits, and outsource even more jobs, they will use the chaos to increase their already incredibly high profits. Then Republicans can say "Obamacare started it..." and Democrats can say, "The repeal caused it...". Meanwhile they sleep in their comfy beds at night with health plans that we pay for.

It must be so fun to toy with people's lives.

*We are consumers of healthcare, not patients in the U.S.
      January 11, 2017 7:18 AM MST

Hello Mr:

You're right.  We can FIX it, though, with a ONE page law.  Ok, a one PARAGRAPH law.  I've written it myself..  Here it is:

MEDICARE FOR ALL..

We'll save BILLIONS and LIVES..  Do I care that insurance company CEO's are gonna have to find another line of work?  You KNOW how I feel about that.

excon
      January 11, 2017 8:11 AM MST

They can all start their own Breakfast Burrito Truck and build themselves up to be great businessmen.
      January 11, 2017 8:15 AM MST

Hello again, Mr:

Look.  If it were me, I'd NEVER let the guy who's making my burrito KNOW that I HATE him, and I have no idea why you do..  In any case, no matter HOW good it is, it'll STILL taste bitter to you...

excon
      January 11, 2017 8:34 AM MST

I LIKE the GUY making MY burrito. I DON'T like the guy UNDERPAYING him. I also DO NOT eat BREAKFAST burritos, just REGULAR burritos.
      January 11, 2017 8:36 AM MST

Hello again, Mr:

If you bought your burrito from a food truck, you probably bought it from a guy who bought his job as burrito maker, when he bought the food truck..  That guy does NOT have a salary.  If he's underpaid, it's because you didn't buy enough burrito's.

excon

PS>  I didn't make breakfast burrito's anyway..  I made eggs benedict, and they were the BEST eggs benedict in the world..
      January 11, 2017 8:48 AM MST

Well, I'm not going to pay him overtime by eating burritos I don't want. I'm just going to eat a bagel.

#BagelsNotBurritos
      January 11, 2017 8:51 AM MST

i think they should keep it since hes worked hard on it
      January 11, 2017 9:53 AM MST

Nope.

It's still looking bad, and getting worse.
      January 11, 2017 11:20 AM MST