TomThumb
Didge
Beans
Zack - Mr. GenXer
driftwood
Salt and Red Pepper
Lulu'sMom
TammyV2.0
Red Steele
Baba
PeaPod
SayitinaSong
Pepper Pot
President Mayhem vs. Sharonna
Plingsby
thundercatmartin
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Hmm.. Did you know that your incoming right wing congress is about to EXPLODE the national debt by $5.3 trillion over the next decade??

Hmm.. Did you know that your incoming right wing congress is about to EXPLODE the national debt by $5.3 trillion over the next decade??

Hello:

I didn't think you did.. 
Why is an increase in the debt only a bad thing when Democrats do it???  Seriously..

You can read about it HERE.

• 954
    Are you saying you don't expect to find hypocritical positions taken in political discourse?  :)

Of course it's annoying but that's politics.  To some a spade is not a spade, but is any garden tool necessary to preserve their worldview.  It's just ego protection excon and those who engage in it are, bluntly, a waste of space in any political discussion.

In a way though, it's not that important.  Borrowing levels are currently so low that it makes more economic sense to build (say) infrastructure on the back of government debt than not borrow to build.

But I agree, hypocrisy does smell a bit doesn't it?  :)
    0

• 2709
    Let's see. In a decade I will be 75 and won't give a crap.
    0

• 2935
    I think we need to get the debt under control regardless of who is in the White House. 
    Many do only complain when the other side is in power.  
    I noticed in another question it was stated that debt was not bad. As long as you can make the payment. 
    Do you equally complain about the debt going from $9 trillion to $19 trillion under Obama? (not future forecast but actual $$,$$$,$$$,$$$,$$$.)
    0

• 2809
    Hello my:

I'm NOT complaining about the debt..  I'm complaining about the hypocracy.

1

• 2935
    Ok fair enough. I took the question as complaining about the debt by the Rs. My apologies.
    0

• 3115
    no but now i do
    0