Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » According to religious folks God created all of us. If true why did He give us a brain? What good is it if we don't use it?

According to religious folks God created all of us. If true why did He give us a brain? What good is it if we don't use it?

They think we are supposed to accept by rote and not question anything because apparently good Christians never think for themselves or question or require explanations. Odd that. What do they do with those brains then? Let them atrophy? Why would God waste a brain on those who never use them?

Posted - January 11, 2017

Responses

cause hes expecting us to use it and it dont do us any good if we dont
      January 11, 2017 9:45 AM MST

• There are lots of theories. One says that "God gave man a penis and a brain, but not enough blood to operate both at the same time." 
      January 11, 2017 10:08 AM MST

Hah! What about us gals sweetie? I am so weary for having to  defend my curiosity and question-asking as a Christian. Apparently according to them I must accept everything unquestioningly or I am not a true Christian. Seriously. How stupid is that? God gave me the brain I have. Why would he sandbag me? Why would he give me a brain that always questions everything no matter the source if I'm not supposed to use it? I mean c'mon. No one is that mean/cruel! Thank you for your reply Didge and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 14, 2017 5:28 PM MST
      January 11, 2017 11:26 AM MST

• Omar Khayyam said much the same thing you just wrote, Rosie. Here's the quote: 
    "Oh thou who didst with pitfall and with gin
    Beset the road I was to wander in;
    Thou wilt not with enchantment round enmesh me
    And impute my fall to sin." 

Clever guy, Omar. 
      January 11, 2017 12:04 PM MST

God gave mankind enough brain so we could invent stuff. 
    How could God exist if man had insufficient brain to invent gods in the first place to explain volcanos,  earthquakes,  lightning and thunder kind of things? This post was edited by Kittigate at January 11, 2017 11:27 AM MST
      January 11, 2017 10:49 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      January 11, 2017 11:27 AM MST

Like all gifts, God as "giver" relinquishes control over the gift..

Properly used, both a brain and free will are a dynamite combination..

Statistically speaking, however, it's probably true that many people figure out how to light the fuse..

---Which makes life easier the rest of us, but increases our frustration at the same time with the people who "just don't get it."
      January 11, 2017 12:50 PM MST

"why did He give us a brain?"
    To reason with, and contrary to the approach of many Christians God wants us to use it. He says so Himself in Isaiah 1:18, ““Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD”  

"What good is it if we don't use it?"
    More to the point, what good is it if we use it? We get to sort out the wheat from the chaff for ourselves and know which is which. Otherwise we run into the danger someone else sorting out the wheat from the chaff and selling us the chaff as the wheat.
      January 14, 2017 5:38 PM MST

I don't think it's fair to God almighty if we choose to not use the brain he designed for us. 
      January 15, 2017 10:05 PM MST