Randy D
Kittigate
CosmicWunderkind
sissystephie
Ancient One
Ozgirl 256
Karen
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Wizard, Enchanter, or Magician? Enchanters just make explosions, Magicians are illusionists, so we should always go with a Wizard; right?

Wizard, Enchanter, or Magician? Enchanters just make explosions, Magicians are illusionists, so we should always go with a Wizard; right?

Responses

Is there really anything better than making  explosions?  "Just explosions" doesn't compute.  
      January 11, 2017 12:32 PM MST

Explosions can be good, but my point is that Enchanters are a one trick pony. Evidently, Wizards can do all kinds of things without it all being an illusion. They are the true masters. 
      January 11, 2017 1:04 PM MST

But if can make explosions then what else do you want?   Everything else is fluff after explosions.    Who needs to be able to make pancakes when you can already make waffles?
    When the one trick is the end all and be all trick, why bother with anything else?

January 11, 2017 1:08 PM MST

That's okay, but what if you want some sausage and eggs with those waffles? Personally, I don't consider that fluff, I consider it important to variety and having the flexibility for adjustment even if that wasn't part of the primary menu. In that case one is left wanting with no alternative.  I'd rather be prepared for the inevitable, hence back to the Wizard.
      January 11, 2017 1:46 PM MST

I hate breakfast sausage unless it's in gravy over biscuits.  But we aren't talking about eggs and meats in this analogy.  Where talking breakfast breads. Or whatever the hell pancakes and waffles are.

look it Tammy, I like you, but if you aren't going to follow the strict and narrowly defined parameters of my analogies.   Well then we just cannot be friends and I will be forced to crush you like an enemy with obnoxious trolling and grotesque image macros.
      January 11, 2017 1:56 PM MST

Wow, that hurt at least 2 of my 3 feelings. The other one is reserved, so, I believe this is where I go FINE and...
      January 11, 2017 2:03 PM MST

That's it you did it.   I rescind all previous comments.  I just cannot stand to see such a pretty face walk away from me crying.   I grovel at your feet for forgiveness and I am not one to grovel./ ever. This post was edited by Glis at January 11, 2017 2:45 PM MST
      January 11, 2017 2:44 PM MST

I forgive you. Actually, I like Enchanters.
      January 11, 2017 2:52 PM MST

Of course you do.  We have this awesome power to blow stuff up
      January 11, 2017 3:07 PM MST

I'd definitely choose to be a Wizard. I want to manipulate magic!
      January 11, 2017 1:06 PM MST

I'm with you. Much more at ones disposal when in league with the Wizards.
      January 11, 2017 1:47 PM MST

You mustn't underestimate us enchanters: we are enchanting. 

One branch of enchantment is glamour. The word actually derives from medieaval magic (read Lay of the Last Minstrel for the best-known example, though Mary Stewart made use of it in her Merlin trilogy, too). It was a branch of magic that was used to make people appear different to what they actually are. Not a bad description of modern cosmetics. 
      January 11, 2017 1:26 PM MST

I have to go wit Enchanter having been called Enchanting Dream by an ex.

January 11, 2017 3:11 PM MST