Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Let's talk TORTURE.. Trump's general says DON'T do it.. But, Trump said he knows MORE than the generals.. So, will Trump TORTURE or not??

Let's talk TORTURE.. Trump's general says DON'T do it.. But, Trump said he knows MORE than the generals.. So, will Trump TORTURE or not??

Posted - January 12, 2017

Responses

Trump listened to Gen Mad Dog back in Nov.

"'He said, "I've never found it to be useful,"' Mr. Trump said, describing the general's view of torturing terrorism suspects. He added that Mr. Mattis found more value in building trust and rewarding cooperation with terror suspects: '"Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I'll do better."'

"'I was very impressed by that answer.'

"Torture, he said, is 'not going to make the kind of a difference that a lot of people are thinking.'"

January 12, 2017 7:15 AM MST

Hello my:

Yes, Trump DID say that.  He also said he knows MORE than generals do.  You believe the LAST thing he said.  I don't.  I BELIEVE Trump BELIEVES what the LAST person who whispered in his ear BELIEVES.. 

Woe is us..

excon This post was edited by excon at January 12, 2017 7:35 AM MST
      January 12, 2017 7:22 AM MST

Given that he has appointed Gen Mathis to the job, He. Mathis will get to continue whispering in Trumps ear about no torture.
      January 12, 2017 7:30 AM MST

Hello again, my:

I HOPE what you say is true..  But, I fear that General Flynn will be the LAST guy whispering in Trumps ear, and he thinks torture is just fine..

excon

PS>  https://qz.com/841027/trumps-national-security-adviser-michael-flynn-is-anti-islam-open-to-torture-and-wants-to-jail-hillary-clinton/
    This post was edited by excon at January 12, 2017 3:38 PM MST
      January 12, 2017 7:49 AM MST

I already feel tortured by Trump This post was edited by Baba at January 12, 2017 2:21 PM MST
      January 12, 2017 7:34 AM MST

iwould hope he wouldnt
      January 12, 2017 11:52 AM MST