Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Those of you who set your own work schedules, do you find yourself binge working a lot?

Those of you who set your own work schedules, do you find yourself binge working a lot?

As in, working really long days for several days in a row or putting in a 20-hour day and then not working for several days.

Posted - January 12, 2017

Responses

• Yes, if I can arrange that I prefer it that way.  Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't.   But stacked days off are way better than hours off and 1 day here and another day over there.  that doesn't do much for me.

Even when I didn't I always liked it better when a place allowed  four ten hour days or three 12hr days and having 3 or 4 day weekends than working 5 8hr. days.  When places wanted to give one day off on Wed. and another on say Fri.   that just P.M.O. and made them basically useless to me.  If the days aren't consecutive there isn't much you can do with them other than go to the bank and post office and then sit on the couch. Meh.
      January 12, 2017 11:44 AM MST

• Even though I'm retired? I find myself working long days and hours beta testing and developing PC games for Slitherine. They only have so much time for testing before they want them in production, so some mean a lot of hours of work fixing bugs and glitches and developing patches for games that are already out but have had some problems. Best thing about it is ? I truly enjoy it and I get to work on one of my PC's in comfort. If I want a beer while I'm working? So be it. It was pretty quiet over the Holidays but it's picked up now where I have four games I'm testing plus writing code and such for the one I'm helping to develop. After many years of working at my own shop so many hours? This is a breeze!
      January 12, 2017 11:45 AM MST

No I only work 8 hours a day Monday to Friday - I like to keep a regular routine, Cheers!
      January 12, 2017 11:50 AM MST

I have to be accountable somehow or I don't do anything.  If I didn't have bills I would be like the grasshopper in the grasshopper and the ant story.
      January 12, 2017 12:22 PM MST

• Yes, I like it that way.
      January 12, 2017 12:28 PM MST

I tend to work long hours to finish the task at hand.  Then I may have another one to start or not.  Since I don't work very much anymore some things that used to be second nature aren't anymore and I heavily rely on my calendar.  I keep two calendars and look at both of them daily to be sure deadlines aren't missed. 
      January 12, 2017 8:22 PM MST

No, I have two houses to take care of and rent to collect.  I work slow and steady, a little bit every day.
      January 12, 2017 8:22 PM MST

I tend to work on it until it is done. Tend to get in a zone more that way. Stopping in the middle is sometimes hard to get back to best work. 
    In summer I cannot take days off as I must be open daily for retail customers. 
      January 12, 2017 9:15 PM MST

wish i could do that but my apt building wont let us have our own business
      January 13, 2017 1:59 PM MST

• "I've never had a job like that, but I do treat my hobbies that way."

Up all night, till dawn, load the bike into the truck and drive to the race track.
    Tune and race the bike all day, load the bike into the truck and hit "The Wall!"
    Funny how you don't feel how tired you are ... until you stop. :)

January 30, 2017 1:55 AM MST