Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What can you do today that you couldn't do a year ago?

What can you do today that you couldn't do a year ago?

Posted - January 12, 2017

Responses

sit in front of the computer
    without the big screen on,
    on the other side of the room.
    ...It Died
      January 12, 2017 4:53 PM MST

• Ah, Baba, that's sad. Please acceptn my condolences. :( 
      January 12, 2017 5:08 PM MST

• Talk to my man again.  <3
      January 12, 2017 5:52 PM MST

• That sounds like a step in the right direction. Glad to hear it. 
      January 12, 2017 7:52 PM MST

• Very much so. Thanks.
      January 12, 2017 7:54 PM MST

Oh My!  I can thank Rathkeale for adding me as a friend today on answerMug.  I couldn't do that last year.  In fact, it has been so long since I've been here, I almost forgot how to get back on. ;)
    I can say "hello" to many of my long, lost, friends I made here, from Ask, and other social networks
    I can help more people and their furry friends live happier and healthier lives
    I can clean my house under 45 minutes before my husband gets home... (  This is because we put our bed on a frame and sometimes various things occasionally live under it ... giggles)
    I can hopefully go to a home football game since the Rams came back to town
    I will be able to say I have lived half a century in May
    And in closing, I can continue to help people and make them laugh a little and maybe enjoy life a little.  I could do this last year; but, I have made new friends this year and I can hopefully help them too!  
    Happy! Happy!

January 12, 2017 7:21 PM MST

• Hi Merlin, it's great to see you again. Welcome to answerMug. 

I had an email from Teach. She said she'll be on here tomorrow which, in your time, I assume means later today. That'll be great, too. 
      January 12, 2017 7:55 PM MST

So Merlin, you are now an Old Sweetie instead of being a regular Sweetie!  Happy Birthday!  I'm so glad to see you here.  You do all the things you listed.  You are a compassionate and practical help to everyone.  The sense of humour doesn't hurt either.
      January 13, 2017 4:13 PM MST

To the lovely Rathkeale, "You look Marvelous!"  I must say, you brought a twinkle to my eye when I saw your name appear.  My inbox literally jumped out of the "box" and "in" to my ear and yelled, "HEY!  Don't go crusin' by!!  Look who came along and said,  'Hi' this year !!!" 

I made that inward sound you make when something happily takes you by surprise. Winks and Smiles!  How are your crazy cats and how are you this year?  I hope one thing will never change through out the years and that is both our love of laughter and taste for great Scotch.. with that I say, "Cheers!"  I must find my way to bed.  I've been up North visiting family. Unfortunately, (for me) Don had to stay home.  The bills, you know?! Ugh!  But, I just got back and we have some catching up to do.  It's great to see you and I'm hoping to be back soon.  Thank you for reminding me, not to loose touch!  You and a few others, I do think of and miss very much!  Love, Merlin  
      January 18, 2017 1:43 AM MST

To the lovely Rathkeale, "You look Marvelous!"  I must say, you brought a twinkle to my eye when I saw your name appear.  My inbox literally jumped out of the "box" and "in" to my ear and yelled, "HEY!  Don't go crusin' by!!  Look who came along and said,  'Hi' this year !!!" 

I made that inward sound you make when something happily takes you by surprise. Winks and Smiles!  How are your crazy cats and how are you this year?  I hope one thing will never change through out the years and that is both our love of laughter and taste for great Scotch.. with that I say, "Cheers!"  I must find my way to bed.  I've been up North visiting family. Unfortunately, (for me) Don had to stay home.  The bills, you know?! Ugh!  But, I just got back and we have some catching up to do.  It's great to see you and I'm hoping to be back soon.  Thank you for reminding me, not to loose touch!  You and a few others, I do think of and miss very much!  Love, Merlin  
      January 18, 2017 1:42 AM MST

Your question is designed knowingly or unknowingly to gauge whether or not life is improving. If the answer is nothing then a period of decline. If many things perhaps a golden age. This post was edited by O-uknow at January 12, 2017 9:05 PM MST
      January 12, 2017 8:31 PM MST

• That's a thoughtful answer. You're right of course. I was looking at an upward progression which is a bit optimistic when I can certainly NOT do many of the things I could do a year ago. I suppose the advantage of asking a question like this is that I don't have to answer it, which would prove to be negative. 

Now, following your answer, I'm gonna go away and think about it for a while. There has to be SOMETHING. And if there's not I'll need to plan better so that if this gets asked next year I'll be able to throw my hand up in class and say, "Me, me, pick me!"
      January 12, 2017 9:09 PM MST

My answers are sometimes  inspired. All glory to the God of Abraham and of Isaac, Moses, Noah and Enoch.
      January 12, 2017 9:17 PM MST

• Write 2017 on Official looking paperwork.
      January 12, 2017 9:46 PM MST

• I've only had to date a couple of documents so far. Got it right both times. It won't be long before I rever to 2016 though. 
      January 13, 2017 8:23 AM MST

I'm about ready to graduate from a school I started a year ago; so, that.
      January 12, 2017 11:09 PM MST

• That's great, Pres. Congratulations. What was the course? 
      January 13, 2017 8:23 AM MST

Its to become a massage therapist.  Almost done.
      January 13, 2017 8:56 AM MST

• You'll enjoy that. It's very worthwhile.
      January 13, 2017 9:02 AM MST

• Walking and having a part time job. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 13, 2017 9:08 PM MST
      January 12, 2017 11:33 PM MST

• Must be hard to overcome the racial prejudice in the job market. We don't have any skunks in Oz but I heard you don't have many friends in the US. 
      January 13, 2017 8:25 AM MST

• Complain about 2017
      January 12, 2017 11:58 PM MST

• Having something new to complain about is what gets me out of bed every morning. :)
      January 13, 2017 8:26 AM MST

• Getting out of bed is often the first complaint of the day.
      January 13, 2017 2:26 PM MST