Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Do you know any great quotes from celebrities? Wanna share?

Do you know any great quotes from celebrities? Wanna share?

Here's one to kick it off: 

I asked God for a bike but I know God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness. -- Al Pacino

Posted - January 13, 2017

Responses

don't know any
    but that one is good LOL
      January 13, 2017 4:54 PM MST

• I betcha could find one, though.

I think it was Brigitte Bardot who said, "Time is a great healer but a lousy beautician." She got that  right. :) 
      January 13, 2017 4:56 PM MST

I always liked Bette Davis's quip:  Old age ain't no place for sissies.
      January 13, 2017 5:37 PM MST

• She got that right. :( 
      January 13, 2017 5:43 PM MST

• "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."

-George Carlin
      January 13, 2017 5:57 PM MST

"Even the losers get lucky sometimes;" Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
      January 13, 2017 6:22 PM MST

• you may already know my favourite celeb quote from other site ... Or not ... I'll post it anyway :)~May West 
      January 13, 2017 6:31 PM MST

Roar.
      January 14, 2017 3:03 AM MST

January 14, 2017 3:03 AM MST

• A couple off the top of my head:

"Contraception should be used on every conceivable occasion."  Spike Milligan.

"A man in love is incomplete until he's married.  Then he's finished."  Zsa Zsa Gabor.
      January 14, 2017 3:53 AM MST

• (There's a Milligan anecdote that I always remember. He was caught by his father pleasuring himself when he was a youth. After a thoughtful pause his father exclaimed by way of discouragement 'Do you want your children to be THIN!' and left him to it. Very Milligan I thought)
      January 14, 2017 4:48 AM MST

• Love Milligan.  One of my favourites.  :)  A couple more:

Sellers had bought a new car in the early '50s and thought he detected a squeak.  He asked Milligan to get in the boot and listen for it.  The car was stopped as Sellers was speeding a bit.  Asked the classic, 'Do you know how fast you were going sir?', Sellers said, 'Yes officer and I'm sorry, but I'm trying to locate a squeaking noise in the boot of my new car.'  Eager to be helpful to this rather famous person, the policeman moved to the back of the car and opened the boot.  Seeing Milligan, he said, 'Oh, it's you.', shut the boot and waved Sellers away.

Milligan was woken by a banging on his bedsit door in the small hours one morning.  On opening it, he saw Sellers standing naked in the doorway wearing a bowler hat and shoes and carrying an umbrella and briefcase.  Sellers said, 'Do you know a good tailor?'
      January 14, 2017 6:18 AM MST

• Throw in some Peter Cook and we could continue this indefinately. )

Thank you Mr W, I'd forgotten about Milligan in the boot. 
      January 14, 2017 10:05 AM MST

• My pleasure.  :)  I don't know if you remember the Jeremy Thorpe trial in '79, but this is Cook's take on it. 

January 14, 2017 5:25 PM MST

• Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know it's tuna, but it says 'Chicken of the Sea.'

Jessica Simpson.

January 16, 2017 3:13 AM MST