Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Who knows what Microsoft are planning for their Spring update?

Who knows what Microsoft are planning for their Spring update?

I know they're planning to give us all home 3D but dunno how good it will be. Do you know what else is coming? 

Posted - January 13, 2017

Responses

• Looks like they have some things lined up for this Spring. Just wish they would modernize their browser.....

Windows 10 “Creator's Update” will be coming for free this spring | Ars ...

Microsoft says it has two big Windows 10 updates planned for 2017 ...

January 13, 2017 6:14 PM MST

• Thanks, Rooster. I'm a bit tied up at the moment but I'll be back to check out that link. 
      January 13, 2017 6:23 PM MST

Windows 15, Windows 16, Windows 17, etc.
      January 13, 2017 6:16 PM MST

• Nah. From now on it's just going to be Windows. I suspect that they'll try renting it to us before very long so that we can no longer own the system we have installed on our PCs. 
      January 13, 2017 6:24 PM MST

3D that will work on existing screens, laptops, etc. There is no way software will do that on its own.

With very narrow filters they might get it to where it can compete with the blue/red 3D effects we sometimes see in cinemas that need a special pair of glasses to 'see'. There would be a bit of novelty in it, but in most ways that is not even as good as 2D.
      January 13, 2017 6:51 PM MST

• they could give their users a better operating system.. 
      January 13, 2017 9:17 PM MST

I quite agree. Alas, they are so firmly wedded to their 'interconnectivity' that fixing it so it do not open all sorts of hacker-holes is out of the question.
      January 14, 2017 12:18 AM MST