Discussion » Questions » Legal » What punishment should the rogue cops in this video get?

What punishment should the rogue cops in this video get?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/01/14/video-shows-police-tackling-and-beating-a-black-man-suspected-of-stealing-a-car-it-was-his/?utm_term=.9ce7d9e0e747

FACT: They became cops for the sole purpose of viciously attacking innocent people just for kicks.

Here is a video rationalizing the evil actions of the rogue cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-6BKY0byFE&t=388s

T
he busybody who bore false witness against Lawrence Crosby is named Blake Murphy

Posted - January 14, 2017

Responses

The guy they beat up may press charges for whatever compensation he feel is reasonable. He should have a good chance of winning. If he does the police department may have to pay the fine, and in return they are likely to fire the cops involved.

Alas, that again may lead to him being harassed with 'legal' actions (eg: being pulled over many times on his way to work, and back, and elsewhere)
      January 14, 2017 7:25 PM MST

But Beancrisp
    @"They became cops for the sole purpose of viciously attacking innocent people just for kicks."
    That is your conjecture, a guess. I very much doubt it is something you actually know.

And since your post is about assuming guilt with no basis in evidence, you really should not do the same thing yourself.
      January 14, 2017 7:52 PM MST

They should have been prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and suitably punished upon conviction. Definitely jail time.

No excuse for what they did. Five cops bringing down a peaceful black guy with his hands in the air shouting he's the car's owner. He knew damn well what those nutty cops were about to do. Read the accompanying story for the maddenig details.

January 14, 2017 7:44 PM MST

If they were indeed doing exactly what their procedures require, then punishment is not prudent.  But the procedures must be changed, and from the article, they have been.  The procedures were that the suspect had to be "prone," meaning lying face downward.  That is why the whole thing looked so violent.  They were forcing the suspect into the prone position.  Had they just talked to him there may have never been a newsworthy incident.  I agree that common sense says the officers were over the top but they were doing what they were told to do.  The biggest tell tale was when the 911 callers said the suspect was black and wearing a black hoodie.  I heard someone in the background say oh boy, as in 'I wish I were somewhere else.'  It's very unfortunate to say the least.  For everyone involved.
      January 15, 2017 3:34 PM MST

he should be in jail for life
      January 15, 2017 4:56 PM MST