Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » Who writes your favourite dragon stories?

Who writes your favourite dragon stories?

Anne McCaffrey's Pern stories are superb and anybody who likes fantasy and high adventure would probably enjoy them. But what about YOU? Do you have a favourite Dragon story?

Posted - January 14, 2017

Responses

Ursula K Le Guin, AFAIK she has only written one. Is was published as a trilogy "the Earthsea Books" with a fourth book: "Tehanu" added later.
      January 14, 2017 8:09 PM MST

• I haven't read Le Guin for a long time. Top writer. I must pick her up again. 
      January 14, 2017 8:35 PM MST

Yes, Earthsea is the only place she write pure fantasy, elsewhere I think the closest she get is I in "Semleys Necklace" where she tells a fairy tale in Science Fiction terms.
      January 14, 2017 8:51 PM MST

• I've always enjoy the animated movie, How To Train Your Dragon. Recently, I discovered a book series called The Dragon Rider Chronicles. It's technically written for a lower level reader but it was good nonetheless for some entertainment. Not everything has to be high level reading.

January 14, 2017 8:26 PM MST

• I always thought "How to Train Your Dragon" was a marriage manual for newlywed husbands. 

Corey, I once saw an advertisement in a liquor shop that said, "A good wine is one you enjoy." The same applies to reading. A good book is one you enjoy, whether aimed at lower level readers or Albert X Einstein. 
      January 14, 2017 8:38 PM MST

Nah, That would be Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew :-))
      January 14, 2017 11:04 PM MST

• Mrs Didge doesn'g know I've read that one. I'm not gonna tell her. 
      January 14, 2017 11:18 PM MST