Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Do you ever curse in front of small children just to hear them nervously chuckle?

Do you ever curse in front of small children just to hear them nervously chuckle?

Posted - January 14, 2017

Responses

No, but I think a few have tried to curse in front of me to see if I am cool or something.  They find out pretty quick that I'm not.  My grown kids can attest to that.  LOL
      January 14, 2017 9:31 PM MST

• No. But I have belched or farted.
      January 14, 2017 10:23 PM MST

• Never. I'm a nice old geezer. 

Hmm, I wonder if old geezer is a tautology? May the "old" isn't necessary. After all, it's implied in my geezerishness. 
      January 14, 2017 10:26 PM MST

• No, i would never do that in front of a kid. 
      January 15, 2017 12:42 AM MST

• "No" ... I'm not from that part of town.
      January 15, 2017 2:14 AM MST

Noooooo!!!
      January 15, 2017 2:34 AM MST

No but I have slipped a few times.
    Old habits die hard.
      January 15, 2017 8:38 AM MST

Nope
      January 15, 2017 2:53 PM MST

no, its not good to teach kids to curse
      January 15, 2017 4:49 PM MST

I agree. I would not knowingly swear in front of, let alone at, a child. Actually I don't like swearing. I swear under stress but I am not proud of it, and try not to do so.

Enough children are taught gratuitous swearing and other anti-social behaviour by their Elders-But-Certainly-Not-Betters:

Once, at a Summer event adjoining a public park, I heard the foulest language in high-pitched voices from the park. Looking over the hedge I heard it was from two young children, no more five years old, shouting it apparently for effect, while their mothers as I supposed the possibly 20-year-olds with them to be, strolled along chatting unconcernedly together.

On another occasion I heard an older man in the street shout loudly enough for all to hear, "There you are, you little __!"  The "___" was about the worst word in the language of the bordello, but looking round I realised he was addressing a boy, perhaps his son, but also only about 5 or 6. 
      January 15, 2017 5:27 PM MST