Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Are Trump's cabinet choices gonna operate on THEIR beliefs, or Trumps??

Are Trump's cabinet choices gonna operate on THEIR beliefs, or Trumps??

Hello:

I ask because Jeff Sessions SAID during his confirmation hearing that TORTURE is against the law, and he would NOT allow it.. Other of Trumps choices say, contrary to their leader, that Russia IS an adversary.  But, after they're confirmed they'll carry out TRUMP'S policy - NOT their own..

Trump SAID that he'll torture, and he SAID he wouldn't..  Who knows what's true?  So, IF Trump ORDERS torture, will he be STOPPED??

excon

Posted - January 15, 2017

Responses

• It will make for an interesting level of chaos within government and especially in the association between media and government.  I think it's intentional to a degree - it's a simple way (and proven by Trump's selection and election successes) to keep getting awkward, well thought out questions pushed to the back of the queue.

I have a feeling that Trump is being set up for a fall by his Republican 'colleagues', or that he will be within a year or two.  It just depends on how many times they hear what they don't want to.  Given the man can't keep an opinion consistent on anything except himself, I wonder how long the patience will last.
      January 15, 2017 8:43 AM MST

Hello Mr:

It will last until Trumps POWER to destroy them dissipates..  Hopefully, that will be SOON.

excon
      January 15, 2017 8:49 AM MST

• From what I know of how politicians seem to operate, I think there will be growing grumbles of unease among both his supporters and his opponents dependant on his actions or the success of his actions.  It's difficult to be more precise as 'loose cannon' doesn't even begin to describe him.

I just get an impression that 'traditional' Republicans are almost as unhappy with Trump as Democrats are.  I wonder how many of those are still out there and how they might react if, say, he repeatedly makes nice with Russia.  I think I'll give it two years before there are serious questions being asked about his impeachment, from all sides.

It will be interesting.  Let's just hope not too many people suffer as a result.
      January 15, 2017 9:02 AM MST