Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Right wingers SAY Obama's IRS unfairly targeted them.. Obama DENIES it, and it's NEVER been proven..

Right wingers SAY Obama's IRS unfairly targeted them.. Obama DENIES it, and it's NEVER been proven..

Hello:

I SAY the Obama White House has been scandal FREE.. Right wingers, of course, disagree..  Is the accusation of scandal, really a scandal simply because right wingers SAY it is??

excon

Posted - January 15, 2017

Responses

• No President has ever been scandal free.  Nature of the position.
      January 15, 2017 8:49 AM MST

It's old news and doesn't really matter anymore as he's leaving office.
      January 15, 2017 9:06 AM MST

Hello Stu:

Yeah..  Sometimes, I'm not very clear..  I wasn't really addressing the IRS thing.. I was addressing the veracity of right wingers and used THAT as an example.  I could have picked Benghazi or Fast and Furious as other examples..

excon
      January 15, 2017 9:17 AM MST

But again, it becomes moot as he leaves office.
      January 15, 2017 10:38 AM MST

Every administration has enjoyed using the IRS to punish its enemies when direct assault is not an option.
      January 15, 2017 9:23 AM MST

There were plenty of deceitful things going on, very crooked administration once he leaves office you will here about them.
      January 15, 2017 1:05 PM MST

Never been proven??? You must be having an off day this is too easy. 
    Really....they admitted it. 

Scandal free?  
    Fast and Furious
    Benghazi
    Spying on all Americans via phone records and emails
    Giving Putin a message that he would have more flexibility after the election
    Interfering in another country's election (Israel)
    being the first President in 30yrs to fail to veto an anti-Israel resolution in the UN. 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/irs-admits-targeting-conservative-groups/story?id=19151646
      January 15, 2017 2:56 PM MST

• Oooh, 'scandal free' is a bit of a stretch I think.  :)

Aside from which, I don't believe 'scandal' in the strictest sense is really that important - what matters most in my humble opinion is how the people of the country do.  There I think he has failed (as has every other western politician over the last 20 years or so) but not all that badly.  However, I can't forget the fact that right to the end of his presidency, he pushed for TTIP to go through and my opinion of his economic and social understanding both of the US and abroad has not improved as a result.

Certainly he didn't fail as badly as his immediate predecessor but that one seemed to barely have the IQ to put his shoes on the right feet, so perhaps expectations were a little high.  When a president can't remember which door he came in through and attempts to leave the room via a cupboard, you know you picked the wrong fool for the job.

As for the accusation thing, there I think you have a point.  It has been obvious for some time that many people read headlines and little else (commonly seen when people post a 'supportive' headline piece for their argument, the contents of which then directly refute most or all of their pertinent points).  So lots of people are, if not too stupid to read, then too lazy, or maybe too scared.  Mired in their own little ideological fantasy, they accept what supports it and reject the rest without any kind of examination and they won't emerge from their reality holiday unless something hits them hard and they can't point fingers to excuse their 'good guys'.

And I wouldn't restrict this to people of one political stance or another.  I've seen pretty much identical behaviour from all sides and the motto of the last 30 years of political discourse in the US seems to be, 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.'  It's created a foul little cesspit that politicians and elements of media promote and expect us all to wallow in as if it were some political or intellectual activity with meaning or value.  It isn't.
      January 15, 2017 3:49 PM MST