Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » D'ya think dirty old men like Bill Cosby/Woody Allen are more depraved than dirty young men? Why are old guys so much more disgusting?

D'ya think dirty old men like Bill Cosby/Woody Allen are more depraved than dirty young men? Why are old guys so much more disgusting?

Posted - January 15, 2017

Responses

Greater power, trust and respect given to them by society makes their betrayals particularly more egregious.
      January 15, 2017 9:06 AM MST

I guess old guys seem more disgusting because they are no longer physically appealing, but that doesn't stop them from their groping.  It really shows their advances have nothing to do with caring about what their partner wants.
      January 15, 2017 9:43 AM MST

I find unwanted advances disgusting no matter how old the person is.
    And that goes for both men and women.
      January 15, 2017 9:50 AM MST

"More" depraved?---probably not; but possibly tending to actually engage their fantasies..

More disgusting---I think that too, but probably because I have a cultural bias to think that sexuality belongs only to the young and the pretty in the first place..  (And that's just my reaction to sexuality and older people---my wife and I still find our sexuality to be a lot of fun.).. 

And a personal anecdote:  

About 20 years ago when I was around 50, I went to physical therapy for some muscle tightness in my hips and lower body..

The physical therapist was a girl in her 20's..

Of course she had to stretch some muscles and her first movement was to have me lie on my back and stretch my hamstring and hip muscles by pushing my leg up..  She was a rather thin girl and had to use her body weight to help her accomplish her purpose and it just so happened that my calf rested precisely on her breast..

She was just doing what was necessary, but I sensed she was immediately uncomfortable..

I motioned for her to come closer so I could talk to her..

I said, "I'm old enough to be harmless and too young to be a dirty old man.  Just relax and do your job.."

From then on for about 6 weeks of therapy, we were both totally comfortable..

January 15, 2017 10:16 AM MST

They were dirty when younger but got caught when they were older, both are low class dirty men period. Throw the pigs in prison.
      January 15, 2017 12:50 PM MST

In any case, they are still able to live with themselves and look themselves in the mirror. That's the sick part about this all.
      January 15, 2017 12:52 PM MST

• I think it just seems grosser, 'cause they're older. For the most part, it kind of does seem like it, though.
      January 15, 2017 2:31 PM MST

not sure why
      January 15, 2017 3:41 PM MST