Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Turnabout is fair play. What you reap you sow. Trump bans media at will. Media should ban Trump. Complete news blackout! Agree?

Turnabout is fair play. What you reap you sow. Trump bans media at will. Media should ban Trump. Complete news blackout! Agree?

No cameras. No microphones. No reporters. No journalists. No TV. No radio. No nuthin'! No media no questions. How long could Trump take being blacked out/ignored/invisible? Wouldn't y'all like a nice long break from seeing/hearing him?

Posted - January 15, 2017

Responses

Hi Rosie:

That will never happen. The press must and will always cover the White House.
      January 15, 2017 9:17 AM MST

I think they're gonna have a rough row to hoe m'dear since Donald J. Trump is definitely not a fan of the media. Though he craves the spotlight/attention/coverage. Which makes him very weird. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 16, 2017 2:55 AM MST

If the media blacked out what he does, it would give him freedom to do as he wishes. He could change laws etc to favor him and nobody would be the wiser. You can never ignore what government does!!
      January 15, 2017 9:34 AM MST

That is the problem we face. Donald J. Trump will have the power and the authority to do whatever the he** he wants. His appointees will NEVER put brakes on him.   He did not release tax returns so his  business dealings with foreign countries will be kept hidden. He lies all the time so they can't count on him to be truthful even if does give them access. We are already screwed. Thank you for your reply Maurice and Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday! You don't think that Donald J. Trump will ever cooperate with the part of the media who ask the tough questions do you? He will ban them and only speak with the friendly press who won't embarrass him. He has already done that. He will do more of that. He will stonewall and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Sadly.
      January 16, 2017 2:58 AM MST

It would be good for a skit on SNL . if it wasn't for Trump what would we talk about?
      January 15, 2017 12:42 PM MST

Alec Baldwin nailed Donald J. Trump. Let's see what would we talk about if there were no Donald J. Trump? How about health care and education and working together toward a common goal and supporting our own people against  those who would do harm to us?  What we have is a  Russian puppet whose strings are totally pulled by Putin. Donald J. Trump is so conceited and naive he does not realize he is being manipulated in a grand way in front of the entire world. Let's see how much longer he will sell out America to his great good idol Vladmir Putin. He also will have Rex Tillerson to suck up to Russia. What a combination! Can't be beat. Fun and games ahead. Poor America. I knew it well! :( Thank you for your reply TomT and Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday to thee! :)
      January 16, 2017 3:02 AM MST

In the perfect world, the media could and would do such a thing. As it stands now in reality, they are just as dumb as Chumps minions. This post was edited by Zack at January 16, 2017 3:03 AM MST
      January 15, 2017 12:45 PM MST

Here's what I don't get Zack and maybe you can explain it to me. Donald J. Trump demands that he be in the spotlight 24/7 and the center of attention. He gets very upset when he isn't. The media is the only way he can get it. So why does he attack it? Is he stoopid? Thank you for your reply and Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day Monday to you m'dear! :)
      January 16, 2017 3:09 AM MST

• No, we need to know what the president is doing. Not reporting anything from the White House could lead to disastrous results.  
      January 15, 2017 12:47 PM MST

What good will it do when he bans the press Karen? He has already banned certain journalists because he doesn't like the questions they ask. There is nothing to stop him from continuing to do that and just allowing the friendly folks access to him and freeze out all others. He controls everything and he uses that control/power to do what he wants.  Watch. You will see what I mean. Thank you for your reply and Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday! :)
      January 16, 2017 3:11 AM MST

• It's not that he doesn't like their questions, it's that they report fake news and have been caught doing it. 
      January 17, 2017 4:35 AM MST

• Now that is the best suggestion I've heard in years.  It would save the media of all the trouble associated with making it up as you go along and of course, the inevitable apology for mishandling and misreporting. Most people, Trump included, are happier and considerably more stress free without the media and their machinations. A free press is a noble concept in theory, but it's a Hell of a monster in real life practice.
      January 15, 2017 6:54 PM MST

I couldn't disagree with you more. The huge Donald J. Trump ego DEMANDS attention 24/7. Being in the spotlight and the center of attention is essential to him. Without media coverage he is nothing. He fights the very folks who made him. That is stoopid in my opinion. Thank you for your reply driftwood and Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday to you! :)
      January 16, 2017 3:13 AM MST

They're obsessed with him, it will never happen. They were obsessing even before he won..
      January 15, 2017 6:59 PM MST

I know. What I don't know is why? Any theories Patch? Thank you for your reply and Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day Monday! :)
      January 16, 2017 2:52 AM MST

I guess he's just such a dingleberry it's hard to ignore him.
      January 16, 2017 5:55 AM MST

I just giggled! "Dingleberry"? Too funnee hunnee! Thanks for the laughs Patch! :)
      January 16, 2017 6:18 AM MST