Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Jennifer Holiday was set to perform at the Trump Inauguration. She worked for the GOP/Dems before. She bailed. Too much heat. Fair.un?

Jennifer Holiday was set to perform at the Trump Inauguration. She worked for the GOP/Dems before. She bailed. Too much heat. Fair.un?

Posted - January 15, 2017

Responses

• Why is anyone performing at the inauguration? A very straight forward swearing in, done in a few minutes would save time and money. 
      January 15, 2017 11:28 AM MST

True. When did it become an Oscars show?
      January 15, 2017 2:22 PM MST

Exactly. Whistle brought up an excellent point. I wonder if anyone can answer that question? Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday to thee Mr.B! :)
      January 16, 2017 4:08 AM MST

• It became a parade and celebration as far back as 1805.

As far as 'celebrities' are concerned, I have no idea.  For some reason people seem to think they're important.
      January 16, 2017 4:20 AM MST

That's a dam* good question whistle and I don't know the answer to it. I guess Trump is having a gala celebration with entertainment. I never thought of that though. You are exactly right. What I remember from past occasions is as you describe it. I don't know when it changed. Thank you for your reply and Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday to you! :)
      January 16, 2017 4:07 AM MST

I think it's terrible to let someone pressure you from doing what you want, who do they think they are? they must be weak people to let even weaker people do that to them. That's ok,there will be plenty of good people to take their place.
      January 15, 2017 12:03 PM MST

I think you either commit to something or refuse.  You cannot let other people dictate what you do or don't do. You have to be true to yourself and screw what other people think of you. What's important is what YOU think of YOU. I was surprised to read that she had agreed to entertain in the first place  and even more surprised when she reneged. Maybe she is one of those people who has a hard time saying "no" and then upon reflection regretted that decision. Who knows?  Or maybe folks convinced her that it could hurt her career.Thank you for your reply TomT! We agree! :)
      January 16, 2017 4:12 AM MST

She should have done it and not caved to the vocal 5% 
      January 15, 2017 2:21 PM MST

She should have either said NO immediately or gone through with it. I think allowing other people to dictate what you do/say is very unfortunate. She may have been convinced that it would be bad for her career so she backed out. Who knows? Thank you for your reply AD and Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday to thee! :)
      January 16, 2017 4:13 AM MST

• As Harry Truman, a Democrat out of Missouri once said, "If you can't stand the heat.........
      January 15, 2017 6:47 PM MST

Touche m'dear. Good point driftwood! Thank you for your reply. Harry was a lot smarter than people gave him credit for in my opinion. Salt of the earth! :)
      January 16, 2017 4:05 AM MST