Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We the people of the USA have been privileged to listen to some inspiring speeches by our presidents. What inspires Trump?

We the people of the USA have been privileged to listen to some inspiring speeches by our presidents. What inspires Trump?

So far all I get from the guy is that he is inspired by ways  to make more money by making GREAT DEALS and being the center of attention and being lavishly complimented and sucked up to. He is very good at hitting back hard when he is criticized. He prides himself on that. What speech could he possibly give that inspires you? Why do you think he is capable of inspiring anyone?

Posted - January 15, 2017

Responses

I must admit he does nothing to inspire me but does a lot to embarrass himself and others, he doesn't present himself as Presidential and doesn't seem to have people skills which are required in his position. I'm giving him some slack now but not for long.
      January 15, 2017 11:51 AM MST

Be sure to get enough sleep, exercise, take your vitamins and do not eat junk food. You have to keep your body at optimum 24/7 to survive what comes next. Thank you for your reply TomT! :)
      January 16, 2017 4:37 AM MST

Perhaps he will make the government PROFITABLE rather than the 18 billion dollar deficit we have. Funny thing ------ everyone seems to be looking the other way when it comes to this debt. (about $40,000 for every man,woman, and child in the USA) What say you, Rosie? This post was edited by B.H.Wilson at January 16, 2017 4:37 AM MST
      January 15, 2017 1:16 PM MST

The Republicans don't seem to give a rat's a** about the DEBT or the DEFICIT. Trump has said he LOVES debt so be prepared for a lot more of it. They yammer about budget and cost yet they are going to build a wall and cut taxes and increase infrastructure spending and increase defense spending. How in the he ** are they gonna pull that off without INCREASING debt/deficit? Why do they ignore it? Because they don't know what to do about it and they figger if they don 't talk about it no one will notice. The pols really believe we are as stupid as they are. WE are not.  We are watching and listening and we notice and have a VERY LONG MEMORY! That's what I say m'dear. Thank you for your reply bh and Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday to you! :)
      January 16, 2017 4:45 AM MST

What could inspire me from Donald Trump?  

Let me think on that one...

thinking unsure grace helbig think uhh
      January 15, 2017 1:22 PM MST

PERFECT! Thank you for your reply PeaPod and the moving(figuratively and literally) graphic. Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday to thee! :)
      January 16, 2017 4:47 AM MST

And Happy Martin Luther King day to you dear!  Always a pleasure to pop on one of your discussions!
      January 16, 2017 9:32 AM MST

MONEY!!!
      January 15, 2017 1:22 PM MST

I agree with thee Zack. Trump has said the Art of the Deal is his second favorite book..the Bible being his first or so he said. I think he is turned on by deals and gets off on them and is excited by them. I don't know how you run a government effectively when all you care about is making deals. Perhaps he will show us. Thank you for your reply!
      January 16, 2017 4:49 AM MST

The only way anything gets done in our government (unless one party has an super majority) is by making deals. 
      January 16, 2017 5:02 AM MST

Thank you for your reply m2c. Problem is all his deals won't be evident. He will be making many of them behind closed doors and we will never know how much he gains financially from making them. He refuses to release tax returns. He lies all the time. He is not trustworthy. He prefers Russia/Putin to the United States and we the people. He shows that 24/7. I'm glad you trust him. Some of you obviously did or he never would be prez. You will see what your actions have done. So will I. Time will tell. This post was edited by RosieG at January 16, 2017 5:15 AM MST
      January 16, 2017 5:14 AM MST

• By my estimation, it has been nearly twenty five years since anything inspiring came from the White House. Modern presidents use professional writers and still manage to miss the point. We were better informed and enlightened when presidents wrote their own copy.
      January 15, 2017 6:45 PM MST

When was that? I have asked questions about that. I think a president ought to be articulate and able to communicate and shouldn't need a middleman to convey his ideas. Thank you for your reply driftwood.  JFK comes to mind. And Barack Obama. If anyone in-between them rose to that height in your opinion please let me know.:)
      January 16, 2017 4:35 AM MST