Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Our black brothers/sisters have the great honor/privilege of being represented by Barack Obama. What white prez honors you so well? Why?

Our black brothers/sisters have the great honor/privilege of being represented by Barack Obama. What white prez honors you so well? Why?

Posted - January 15, 2017

Responses

Hi Rosie:

Not necessarily true. Obama is half black and half white, and in college he said that he didn't feel comfortable in either group.
      January 15, 2017 10:46 AM MST

• A good prez will represent everyone.. he will care and look out for the interests of America as a whole. Obama was black, or half black but he cared for the welfare of the nation as a whole... Trump is a devisive pig who cares for no one but himself.. he doesn't even care about the right wing uneducated who voted him in. he used them... and will think nothing of kicking them down too.
      January 15, 2017 11:10 AM MST

Well said.  I never felt Barrack Obama was just a black president representing black people.  I felt like he was genuine in wanting his presidency to be all inclusive.  
      January 15, 2017 11:12 AM MST

Why are you so concerned with elections in which you cannot and don't vote?
      January 15, 2017 7:23 PM MST

He was great when he supported our police wasn't he? He sure did a lot to help the good people of Chicago didn't he? He was real special apologizing all over the word to enemies, right? He did a great job eliminating prayer in school. He also passed a Unaffordable care act and lied to the people,I could go on more but what's the point? 
          Some people can't see the forest because of the trees.
      January 15, 2017 11:26 AM MST

• Oh! I take it you aren't a fan then? Lol you know what? By the end, if you all make it that far, of Trump's presidency you will be thinking of Obama as a saint
      January 15, 2017 11:58 AM MST

Oh, like Jimmy Carter?
      January 15, 2017 1:00 PM MST

• A friend said that America has done worse things than vote an utter incompetent narcissist in... really? Well I hate to think what?? But of course I am no expert! America has had some pretty nutso presidents in it's time, we all just laugh at them because they are relatively harmless to the rest of the world.. That is NOT the case however with Trump. 
      January 15, 2017 1:03 PM MST

No Caucasian or African-American for that matter will ever represent me. I represent myself. At least I know that it's not possible to corrupt myself. This post was edited by Zack at January 15, 2017 1:58 PM MST
      January 15, 2017 1:07 PM MST

• The question is itself a revelation of the problem. The American President used to be the president of all Americans. In this divided society, I suppose that all of that has changed. We've lost much in recent years.
      January 15, 2017 6:41 PM MST