Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » @Fellow Blurtees, Do you think Blurtit is getting ready to close its doors on us? what's your thoughts about the matter?

@Fellow Blurtees, Do you think Blurtit is getting ready to close its doors on us? what's your thoughts about the matter?

I know that some of us have been kicked off a site already. both Sodahead and Ask.com closed about the same time!. some of you are former sodaheaders and some of you are former ask.comers. Do you think we'll be former blurtees pretty soon? im just tired of searching for replacement sites to use after sodahead went down.. its gonna make matters worse IF blurtit closes too.

Posted - January 15, 2017

Responses

• With the way Blurtit is going I'll be surprised if it lasts much longer. I don't know that they'll close their doors as much as they'll let the site come to grinding halt like letting your car coast up a hill. I know Jaimie did a decent job at getting some of us Blurtees to return here. Hopefully, we can get a few more over.
      January 15, 2017 11:02 AM MST

• I don't think it will close all the way down but you have to use Facebook to join to be a new member there. That's going to hurt them badly. Instead of having a Mod clean off the spam, they decided to go that route. Dumb. They blocked Jaimie and I both from there after the years I worked for free for them. I see quite a few people from blurtit coming here and that's great. I'm happy here ! Good to see you Skunky! 
      January 15, 2017 12:03 PM MST

• that will hurt them badly!! its almost like they don't want people joining their site!! not everyone feels comfortable or wants to use their fb accounts to join another site!! i sure don't. Im glad that you and Jamie are on here because losing boths of you would suck!! already went through losing someone special on SH when they closed without warning (its been almost a year in a half and i still can't get over it) don't wanna go thru that again with you guys!! 

I find that there is no point in being on blurtit because its just not fun anymore!!. im slowly weaning myself from it (deleted bookmarks, changed my display pic and name, deleting my login info from my browser etc.). Answermug is more fun and overall better!! 
      January 15, 2017 12:40 PM MST

• I came on that site for a week but never got into it.  So I have nothing to really comment on what it was or is now.

however, the trend of sites just using Facebook to log in and be a member seems silly and pointless to me.  Where does it go and what is the point?   If you need to be a member of another social media site and use that site to interact then why even bother?   Why wouldn't they just use facebook?  Plus it brings real life personal info into the mix that kinda ruins the experience of these kind of places.
      January 15, 2017 1:02 PM MST

I don't like that either!  
      January 15, 2017 1:25 PM MST

• I try FB once in awhile because that's were people are at, but I hate everything about it.  It is everything a site shouldn't be IMHO and too convoluted and unorganized.
    Their method and and ways are dangerous and unsettling  if you ask me. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 15, 2017 2:02 PM MST
      January 15, 2017 1:27 PM MST

So far for me, the good outweigh the bad, only because my family and friends are so scattered.  I participate in mostly fun discussions and stay away from drama.  I have no problem blocking what I don't want in my face when I sign on.

As a side note, dammit, I hate it when someone pulls out a damn camera during every get together and feels like it's OK to take your picture and throw it up there without your consent.  I don't want to hear that I am just being a stick in the mud.  That's my privacy and I always give my friends a choice to look over pictures I have taken before I post.  I don't get all that tbh.

This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at January 17, 2017 12:57 PM MST
      January 15, 2017 1:33 PM MST

• I follow ya'.
      January 15, 2017 1:36 PM MST

• Exactly!
      January 15, 2017 4:10 PM MST

I closed the door on them before they could close the door on me. Therefore, I win.
      January 15, 2017 12:42 PM MST

• good move!!. I did as well this morning because that site is going to the crapper (and fast too).. We might as well pretend that blurtit  is dead and long  gone..
      January 15, 2017 12:59 PM MST

• I've had one warning but it wasn't very strong. I'm hanging in there for a while and making sure that as many Blurters as possible (with one notable exception) know about aM. It would normally be difficult to exclude anybody from announcements but I haven't seen her there lately. She's probably off haunting some other site. 
      January 15, 2017 2:05 PM MST

I don't think they will close down anytime soon. There are new members all the time. It will survive long after us old members are long gone. It will just have a different "feel". 
      January 15, 2017 1:01 PM MST

I looked the site over and it never appealed to me.  I guess when I was checking out some of these sites,  I saw some people still working out their old baggage from Sodahead and decided I didn't want to be part of that.

I like the atmosphere here.  It doesn't feel like the remnants from any site I was part of and that is a good thing.  I have some old familiar friends here and I have made a few new.  

It's all good so far.
      January 15, 2017 1:30 PM MST

I also checked it out, but didn't interest me, for the reason you mentioned.

We looked long and hard for a nice place and here we are!
      January 15, 2017 3:32 PM MST

Sodahead ended in a bad way and I think I needed to wait until we all could have a fresh start.  The last thing I wanted to join was a "Sodahead Part 2".  Given all the ugly that has come out of the election, I can only imagine the posts that would be up if it was still running.  Too many people couldn't keep their politics off of the most innocent comments and posts.  
      January 15, 2017 3:41 PM MST

I wanted to move forward, not get 'stuck' in a SH time capsule.  Lol  The friends who meant the most to me I still am in touch with.  Yes, I'm sure there are a few who I've lost touch with, but nobody important. Not interested in the past...I've moved on! :)
      January 15, 2017 5:10 PM MST

• the only thing that bothers me about this site is how bulky it is, and loads a bit slow.. they really need to modernize the User interface and make it look and feel like its in 2017 rather than 2003 :/
      January 15, 2017 4:49 PM MST

As long as the site is easy to navigate, I'm happy!  lol I'm not computer savvy so I choose the site with the friendliest people, good moderators and I'm happy. :)
      January 15, 2017 5:04 PM MST

I am here, at times. Different name perhaps, but I will be around.
      January 15, 2017 1:41 PM MST

have no idea but i was on blurt it for a while but not recently
      January 15, 2017 3:28 PM MST