Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What are you an expert on? What do you know more about than most people?

What are you an expert on? What do you know more about than most people?

Posted - January 15, 2017

Responses

A psychic palm reader is the kind who predicts your future and stuff like that. I am not a person with psychic ability so that is not my field. I could be if I had a good gift of gab so I could make up a nice story just to please the customer -like some 'psychic' readers do to make a buck.

The lines and skin ridge patterns on the palms and fingertips come from the brain via the nervous system and learning what the patterns mean,  the reader can identify your strengths and abilities -kind of like you taking an aptitude test basically. Can also identify other things like if you have sense of humor,  artistic talent,  if you have any psychic ability and other things. 
    That is psychological palm reading. 

A p
      January 15, 2017 8:23 PM MST

• Oh wow, really? That's remarkable!
    So if I post a picture of my palm, would you be able to read it?
      January 15, 2017 8:34 PM MST

Yes just try make sure all the fine skin ridge patterns on your palm and fingerprints are clear. Both hands.
      January 15, 2017 8:53 PM MST

being lazy
      January 15, 2017 7:33 PM MST

• How long did it take you to master that, B?
    Any tips?  ) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 15, 2017 8:13 PM MST
      January 15, 2017 7:56 PM MST

Knowing how to treat women, but that's just life experience.
      January 15, 2017 7:36 PM MST

• An expert at how to treat women? That, my friend, is quite an accomplishment.
    I don't think three lifetimes would be enough for me to figure that one out.
    Sometimes it feels that women's reactions follow no logical reasoning. I can do one thing today and get a great response, then do it again tomorrow and get a completely different one.  )
    Thanks Z.

January 15, 2017 8:16 PM MST

• I know more than most people about a lot of things but that isn't much of a struggle and should never be marker for how much I do know.

I wouldn't describe myself as an expert in anything with the exception of rolling doobies. 
      January 15, 2017 8:17 PM MST

• Hey that's a skill right there!
    How many people you know that can roll a nice looking cigarette?
    My father used to say a man should be able to do three things, drive a stick, whistle loudly, and roll a cigarette. 
    So, I think that's a good skill, at least according to me and my Dad. 
    Thanks Mr W.
      January 15, 2017 8:31 PM MST

• One of my uncles taught me to roll cigarettes when I was 7.  :)  He then often used to insist that I sit and do just that until he had a nice pile of them for the day, then I could go out and play.  

These days though, if it doesn't have an illegal narcotic in it I'm just not interested.  :)
      January 15, 2017 8:39 PM MST

• I got cha. It doesn't make much sense otherwise.
      January 15, 2017 8:43 PM MST

• I wonder if that still happens, getting kids to organise one's smoking habits.
    The lady who used to look after my sister and I when our parents were at work used to send us down to the lical newsagents with about 50p and '10 Silk Cut' written on a piece of parer to hand to the person dispensing cigarrettes. 10p each for my sister and I to buy penny sweets. 

Btw, I am that expert roll up roller. No question, hands down. I've been locked in pubs with burly men doing just that to get free beer.
      January 16, 2017 6:34 AM MST

• Looks like we have a three way rolling challenge between you, Mr W, and I. 
    Im sure you'd do better than I. You have to worry about MrWitch over there tho.
    Thank you for responding. It is always a treat when you do.
      January 16, 2017 6:56 AM MST

• Let's see what you've got (best of three)

January 16, 2017 7:19 AM MST

• That's real good. Ok. 
    Ill get mine up soon.
    Challenge accepted. )
      January 16, 2017 7:51 AM MST

• (no spirit levels) 

January 16, 2017 8:30 AM MST

• I don't think I've got anything that will take a decent picture, but I'll see what I can find....

January 16, 2017 11:04 AM MST

• Thank you )
      January 16, 2017 12:20 PM MST

• Nope, I'll have to concede defeat.  I did 3 lovely little things, all of different sizes and shapes and two of them perfectly formed.  The last one, unfortunately, hit a couple of ugly-tree branches on it's way to completion, but hey ho.

And I found something that could take a poor photograph, but I am failing (and flailing) mightily at trying to get the pics from one system to another in a form that can be uploaded here.

Frustrated me so much one of them is gone already.  :(
      January 16, 2017 12:21 PM MST

• Smoking the entries, I did the same of course.
    Tell you what, I'll roll a spliff and take a picture of it then we all win. )
      January 16, 2017 12:24 PM MST

• Well, no actually - I think you win the most.  :)

But that's ok,  I have one down, two to go.  The second one is only small so I'll pace myself and be good.
      January 16, 2017 12:44 PM MST

• (As soon as I typed that I realised I wasn't fooling anyone)   :)
      January 16, 2017 11:00 PM MST

• (Last sentence, clever, very funny!)
      January 20, 2017 11:39 AM MST

I know more than most people about anything related to the oceans.
      January 15, 2017 8:38 PM MST

• That's quite impressive, C. May I ask how you got to know so much about them?
      January 15, 2017 8:45 PM MST