Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Humorless people who don't like/can't take a joke ought not respond to questions that are entirely based on dark humor. But they do. Why?

Humorless people who don't like/can't take a joke ought not respond to questions that are entirely based on dark humor. But they do. Why?

Posted - January 16, 2017

Responses

I have a sense of humor. A question should be phrased so that the answered can see that it is meant to be humorous.  

January 16, 2017 6:11 AM MST

I do not have a sense of humour, I just have fun ;-))
      January 16, 2017 6:33 AM MST

I like answering questions in a totally different way than the asker intended. You might call it my 'Randy D'-ish side but too many questions are so ambiguous and vague that just about anything can be logically defended as a proper answer to the question given.
    eg: Q) Do these pants make my rear look big? - A) It looks a lot smaller than an Elephants rear.
      January 16, 2017 6:30 AM MST

I love ambiguous questions JakobA. Open-ended questions. Questions that give the respondent a lot of wiggle room. That's how I learn how they think. If I asked a very tightly worded question to which everyone gives the same exact response I have learned nothing about them. I have people ask me to define what I mean and I tell them that the questions  I ask mean whatever they mean to you and I cannot tell you what that is. True. I can't do people's thinking for them. Sometimes when I ask a question I do have something in mind but when I see some of the answers I realize my question had more to it than I thought it did. That ALWAYS DELIGHTS ME! I know what is in my mind and sometimes I have a specific intention but I don't know what is in your mind when you read my questions. I say let it all hang out..go for it. Let's see where we end up. I have had folks give brilliant answers to what I thought were very simple questions. They enhanced the value of the question by their answers. I LIVE for that! That's precisely why I am here. To learn. Maybe share some of what I know. That's it. Thank you for your reply m'dear!  :)
      January 16, 2017 7:42 AM MST

probably cause they like to answer questions
      January 16, 2017 9:43 AM MST

• It's a little disconcerting when you make a joke and get taken seriously. I should know -- it happens to me all the time. But humour is like that -- some people will get it and some will not. When we make jokes we have to accept that we'll get our share of slaps but I'm darned if I'll throw up my hands in protest and say, "Hey! Just kidding." That always feels weak to me. 

January 16, 2017 3:08 PM MST

Emotes are your friend ;-)). But yeah, they too do not always get read.
      January 16, 2017 7:11 PM MST