Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Vicious rumor or true? Trump plans to move the Press Room out of the White House and place it two blocks away in a different building. Why?

Vicious rumor or true? Trump plans to move the Press Room out of the White House and place it two blocks away in a different building. Why?

He's gonna dissolve the Office of Government Ethics then he will banish the press to a far-away location to keep them out of his hair. What evil more does he dare? Do you care?

Posted - January 16, 2017

Responses

Only two blocks, a pity.  I would assume due to the leaky nature of the "swamp" he decided to
    create a safety barrier. 
      January 16, 2017 7:56 AM MST

No one knows for sure what he's up to but we will have to keep a sharp eye on this guy. I'm sure it's payback ,he sees them as liars.
      January 16, 2017 8:06 AM MST

According to Mike Pence, who was asked about this on Face the Nation yesterday, Trump claims that the Press Room at the White House is too small now with all the press outlets there are.  Remember, it isn't just the American press, but there are foreign press reps too.  Trump claims he wants to give them more room.  On the face of it, it sounds reasonable, but I think by removing the press room from the White House, there will be less chance a reporter could chat with a staff member and glean some information about the goings on.  Less possibility of "unnamed sources."
      January 16, 2017 8:27 AM MST

January 16, 2017 8:34 AM MST

no idea, havent heard of that one yet
      January 16, 2017 9:26 AM MST