Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Hate is too heavy a burden to bear". Per Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Do you hate? What, why and when will you put that burden down?

"Hate is too heavy a burden to bear". Per Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Do you hate? What, why and when will you put that burden down?

Posted - January 16, 2017

Responses

That statement is so true..  You must learn to overcome your hate. Learn and understand what it is you hate, and if you dislike it, work on changing it. To rant and rave about something does no good.  If you cannot change it today, work on a plan to change it tomorrow (or possibly 4 years from now). Hate does no good. Working toward change is the answer. This post was edited by Maurice214 at July 22, 2018 1:06 AM MDT
      January 16, 2017 9:38 AM MST

In my entire life (I am 79) I have never hated anyone or anything. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Maurice and Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday! :)
      January 16, 2017 10:18 AM MST

• To me? Hate is like a poison in your body. I may dislike some people and things but I hate no one. I just have no place in my heart for hate! Hate just destroys things! I don't consider anyone as my enemy and even if they were? I wouldn't hate them. 
      January 16, 2017 9:56 AM MST

Ditto. I have never hated anyone or anything. I avoid those who do. I am no match for them. Thank you for your reply Rooster! :)
      January 16, 2017 10:19 AM MST

I'm signing off---poor timing.

Catch you later.
      January 16, 2017 1:31 PM MST

• Hate rots you from the inside out. Like Rooster said, I dislike some, but I hate no one. When you hate someone they are constantly on you mind and not in a good way. When that happens, you are giving that person a LOT of power over you. I prefer to hold onto my power as opposed to giving it away. 
      January 16, 2017 10:00 AM MST

• Very much agree!
      January 16, 2017 10:01 AM MST

• I might say I hate this or I hate that, but I really don't hate it. It's just quicker than saying I really don't care for this or that. :) 
      January 16, 2017 10:03 AM MST

• Yep!
      January 16, 2017 10:06 AM MST

I have never hated anyone or anything in all my 79 years Karen. I doubt that will change. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 16, 2017 10:20 AM MST

• Good to know. Never let anyone take your power. :)
      January 16, 2017 10:21 AM MST

Hate is something I may say in a moment of anger, but like most have said here, it's more an expression than a real emotion.  Even the feelings of "hate" will indeed rot you from the inside out.  I really go out of my way to get things off my chest, even if it's just having a loved one be an ear, so that I can move on.  There are very few things in life I hold on to.  The older I get, the easier it is to let go of things.
      January 16, 2017 10:19 AM MST

Hate is an unfamiliar emotion to me. I never have and never will. Those who hate terrify me. I avoid them . Thank you for your reply PeaPod! :)
      January 16, 2017 10:21 AM MST

I don't think I can say I have 'hated' anything or anyone .. I know I imensely detest a lot of behaviours (like cruelty and abuse) .. but hate is something that is destructive and helps no one.
      January 16, 2017 12:11 PM MST

Couldn't have said it better myself m'dear. I totally agree with every word! Thank you for your reply bg and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      January 17, 2017 5:10 AM MST

No I don't hate anyone. I do hate evil actions. 
      January 16, 2017 12:14 PM MST

I hate nothing/no one. Intense dislike covers it quite well for me. Thank you for your reply  m2c.
      January 17, 2017 5:16 AM MST

noun---intense or passionate dislike...

verb---feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone)...

I hate things, but not people.  But realistically, in the 1940's in Germany, I would suggest no Jew could make the fine distinction between hating Hitler and loving Hitler the human being, but hating only his actions...

So in me, hate is my word for my philosophical abhorrence for what certain people do..

And to the extent that a good person murdering people still has to be stopped, I guess as a person performing an evil deed, I do hate that combination..

(And when I post definitions, I look them up and post them so that people know precisely what I am talking about in an answer.---it's certainly not that I think anyone on here can't define the words.)
      January 16, 2017 12:26 PM MST

Apologies tom but I have no idea what the  point of your "noun/verb" is supposed to do here? Can you enlighten me please? Usually I have no problem following you but starting off as you did flummoxes me totally. Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I don't hate. I intensely dislike. It may be a thin line but it is an important one. Those who hate are loose cannons capable of doing anything at any time to any one. They are driven by negative emotion and that never ends well for anyone. In my opinion. :)
      January 17, 2017 5:14 AM MST

Actually, I was motivated in this case by a recent experience I had where I found out that percolate and soak have the same or opposite meanings---depending on whether they are used transitively or intransitively...

If I answered it today, I probably would have not bothered to find the definitions for hate---or even post them if I did...

My intent was clarity....

Unfortunately, I achieved obfuscation instead...

---An inadvertent example of the maxim that good intentions do not always guarantee good results...

Regards....
      January 17, 2017 1:06 PM MST

• I hate a lot of people and I'm strong enough to bear it.
      January 16, 2017 12:28 PM MST

Condolences. I'm not being sarcastic whistle. Those who hate are loose cannons. They can go off on anyone at any time for any reason or no reason at all. They scare me. I avoid them. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday.
      January 17, 2017 5:15 AM MST