Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Do you have a "bucket list"? If yes, is it written down somewhere or just in your head?

Do you have a "bucket list"? If yes, is it written down somewhere or just in your head?

Sharing is encouraged and I'll start. I want to see aurora borealis (northern lights) in person.

Posted - January 16, 2017

Responses

• Yes... and funny enough yours is one of them... but I'll probably settle for the southern lights... closer to home
      January 16, 2017 9:16 PM MST

Thanks for replying! I'd settle for the southern lights, too, and kill two birds with one stone! Traveling south of the equator is another item on my list! :)
      January 16, 2017 9:24 PM MST

• You'll get there when the time is right ... enjoy it sheboygan you do :)
      January 16, 2017 9:27 PM MST

• Don't ask where sheboygan came from lol.... enjoy it when you do was intended lol
      January 16, 2017 9:28 PM MST

Lol! I thought maybe that was an Aussie term! :)
      January 16, 2017 9:29 PM MST

• Lol... i hate to think what it might mean ... going to have to Google it now
      January 16, 2017 9:34 PM MST

• We're safe... a town in Wisconsin
      January 16, 2017 9:35 PM MST

I have a few large items so I don't need to make a list.  Next is to go to Alaska.  I'd like to see a grizzly bear there and, of course, the Northern Lights too!  This year we are going to Scandinavia.  Maybe I'll see the Lights there. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at January 16, 2017 9:30 PM MST
      January 16, 2017 9:27 PM MST

Oh, that's awesome! I hope you do get to see the lights there! I'm totally with you on Alaska; most every item on my list has to do with traveling to places where I can see wildlife and nature's beauty. Thanks for your reply!
      January 16, 2017 9:33 PM MST

• "Yes, in my head."

See the British Isles and Australia ... go canoeing.

January 16, 2017 9:36 PM MST

Mine's in my head, too. I should start writing it out, before I'm so old I start forgetting!

Thanks for your response, and I hope you get to do them! :)
      January 16, 2017 9:40 PM MST

no cause i dont have a job so a bucket list would be kind of useless without the money to do it with
      January 16, 2017 9:39 PM MST

If you don't have kids or pets that would make it extremely difficult, maybe one of these would be an option for you! Maybe even something like The Peace Corps would work? Good luck to you and thanks for responding!

http://www.businessinsider.com/12-ways-to-get-paid-to-travel-the-world-2014-4

January 16, 2017 9:59 PM MST

My bucket list is in my head. I want to take a road trip so i check off seeing every state in the US. (I have already been to Alaska and Hawaii, and about half of the lower 48.) I want to see Banff in Canada. In Finland they have glass igloos that you can watch the northern lights from and stay warm. I would love to do that. (I'm a Florida girl and can't handle frigid temps.) I also want to go to Scotland, and visit where my ancestors are from. Other than that just get as much traveling in as I can.
      January 16, 2017 9:54 PM MST

All of that sounds fantastic, and those glass igloos does sound like the way to see the lights!

I'm a believer in the value of experiences over things. Sounds like you are, too! Thanks for replying and hope you get to see everything you dream of! :)
      January 16, 2017 10:09 PM MST

Every place I have been, I bought a souvenir plate. I now have 225 of them. When I passed through Oregon I was too broke to buy a plate, and they make the most remarkable wood plates there, from a red and white wood. I have always thought that some day I would go there again and get one of those plates, but I never did and now I am too old to travel any more.
      January 16, 2017 11:17 PM MST

I'll bet you could find one online. ..eBay or even Amazon. Thanks for your comment and I really hope you get that plate! 
      January 18, 2017 9:07 AM MST

I keep it in my head. I just want to experience a category 5 hurricane, a direct hit. I know it's freakish, but I just have a thing for violent storms. I find them fascinating and thrilling. I've taken a direct hit from a category 3 and that was insane, I remember we had a big wind chime collection and only one mangled one was left when the storm got through with them. Ever since then I've been yearning to experience something crazier, if a 3 is that wild then what's a 5 like? I guess it's just a morbid curiosity.
    But I won't go out of my way to seek it out, I'll have to wait for it to come to me if ever.
      January 17, 2017 12:43 AM MST

Wow! That's certainly unique! Storms are fascinating, but I'm more than satisfied with watching what others have filmed. Thanks for responding and be safe! 
      January 18, 2017 9:11 AM MST