Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » History » Do you think that the U.S. should get closer ties to Iran like we once used too? The ones I've met sure seem like nice people. Can we?

Do you think that the U.S. should get closer ties to Iran like we once used too? The ones I've met sure seem like nice people. Can we?

Posted - January 17, 2017

Responses

Wasn't the time we were closer to Iran when we stuck our nose in their business and installed the Shah? 
      January 17, 2017 7:55 AM MST

Hello R:

The Persian people are not at all like the Mullahs who run the joint..  They're western, educated, and very nice people.

excon
      January 17, 2017 8:16 AM MST

Well, if we're going to embrace the "Death to America" crowd then how about Russia? All the Russian people that I've met stateside and in western Europe are pretty cool.

And I know a few Cubans here too that are great folks. For some reason they also happen to HATE the Castro boys.
      January 17, 2017 8:50 AM MST

That's a loaded question Rooster. Politically, I think the US and Iran should get closer and try to agree on things.  But the problem is as soon as they start to talk, the US capitalists start to try to take advantage of the new supply or market, making the people of the country unhappy. Banana Republics for example. Then, if the capitalists get kicked out of the country, the Politicians get involved and get mad at the country and try to force that country to change (Cuba embargo for example)
      January 17, 2017 9:30 AM MST

Is this a trick question?
      January 17, 2017 3:15 PM MST

Iranians are some the the warmest people I have encountered.   That does not mean their government doesn't stink.   Many wonderful people have stinky governments.  But you have a point, we should never judge our people by our government.   I mean all I have to say is TRUMP?   Do we have room to talk?
      January 17, 2017 3:16 PM MST