Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Most people have an "OFF" switch and know when to use it. Some don't. How valuable is having an OFF switch and using it when needed? Why?

Most people have an "OFF" switch and know when to use it. Some don't. How valuable is having an OFF switch and using it when needed? Why?

Posted - January 17, 2017

Responses

I'd like to OFF a few people right now.
      January 17, 2017 9:29 AM MST

Figuratively of course Zack, not literally! Why?  Because it would take too much out of you and your return on investment would be temporary. But I know the feeling. All too well. That's all some folks do. Go off on people. That's it. That's their whole bag of tricks. Those are the folks whose company you avoid. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! Not to be mundane but how's your weather? Starting tomorrow our area is forecast for six days of rain without letup. In a row! Straight no letup!  In southern California even one day is welcome! 6 days? Gadzooks! :)
      January 18, 2017 1:29 AM MST

It is amazing how some people don't get this concept. Some of them are the ones that complain about it most in others.
      January 17, 2017 9:34 AM MST

You observe. You comment. You move on. Thank you for your observation Gb and Happy Wednesday to thee.
      January 18, 2017 1:30 AM MST

• I wish I had an off switch for my sister, her husband and their daughter.  Since they wouldn't know what to do with it, at least I could use it FOR them, and would. OMG. Pretty valuable, when it comes to THEM. Why? They simply need it, badly.
      January 17, 2017 9:37 AM MST

How often are you with them Jimmy CC?  Are all three of them non-stop chatterboxes? That would definitely drive me bonkers. Such people exhaust me. They just never stop talking. I can take it in very short increments and still be polite. Otherwise I can't. I have to get away. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee! Do they KNOW they talk a lot?
      January 18, 2017 1:34 AM MST

• They are three stuck-up, condescending, opinionated, know-it-all, sons of bitches. I love  my sister, but I don't like her. 
    My sister, at least, has to know how she is. Surely! 
    Couple times a month, maybe, plus.....couple times a month on the phone.

Thanks. To you, too.
      January 18, 2017 9:26 AM MST

Yikes! You are the opposite of that Jimmy CC. "Stuck-up, condescending, opinionated,                             know-it-all, sons of bitches".Triple Yikes! It's tough to love someone you don't like. I can't carry that off. Hats off to you for being able to do so :)
      January 18, 2017 12:29 PM MST

• Aw. Thank you for noticing. 
    Yes, we should all eat a slice of humble pie, once in a while. 
    Oh, and did I say, judgmental?!
    Thanks, Rosie. :)
      January 18, 2017 12:31 PM MST

i wouldnt mind if my neighbor had an off switch, all she does is constantly talking loud in the halls, i wish i could turn her off
      January 17, 2017 1:58 PM MST

Have you ever talked to her about it pearl? Is she otherwise a nice person or do you think she'd get angry talk louder just to annoy you? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 18, 2017 1:35 AM MST

Evolution is taking way too long to give humans an off or mute button.  Maybe in another million years or so we can have one but it would be really useful right now for the family member who has a loud voice that carries AND makes political comments in embarrassing places!
      January 17, 2017 6:22 PM MST

I've always wondered if people who are constantly talking loudly are aware of it? Maybe they're partially deaf? Maybe the loud talk comes from being uncomfortable in silence. I think we humans are evolved as much as we ever will be. Sad ain't it? You'd think by now after hundreds of thousands of years we would have a found  a way to stop killing each other and get along. But no. Which either means we are not teachable or we just don't give a r at's a**! Thank you for your reply Livvie and Happy Wednesday m'dear! :)
      January 18, 2017 1:38 AM MST

You need an off switch in order to listen, you cannot talk and listen at the same time.  It is just as important to hear someone as it is to be heard. Listening takes patience, and an ability to look at something from a different angle.
      January 18, 2017 6:05 PM MST