Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » If parasites, for the most part, sap the life out of their hosts...

If parasites, for the most part, sap the life out of their hosts...

how did Mother Nature, God, or evolution ever allow them to survive?

Posted - January 17, 2017

Responses

Try making sense and I will.   If they are eating hosts, obviously there are more hosts multiplying than there are parasites eating.  Obviously most parasites do not necessarily kill the host.  They weaken them, yes, but a host can last for a long time.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 17, 2017 10:13 PM MST
      January 17, 2017 3:48 PM MST

Humans will sap the life out of Mother Earth till we all die.
    No compassion in nature. 
      January 17, 2017 3:49 PM MST

Sara Palin saps the life out of Mother Nature.  If you are a human following that line of thought, that God gave us a playground to destroy and create mayhem.  

That is not human that is monster.  That is demon.  That is less than animal.  We are better than that.
      January 17, 2017 3:51 PM MST

I think there is a limit to how many humans the earth can sustain. 
    Can population growth be controlled somehow? 
    That's what I am thinking.

Maybe after 4 years of Trump Earth will be reduced to only about a million or so people.  This post was edited by Kittigate at January 17, 2017 4:05 PM MST
      January 17, 2017 4:00 PM MST

• God was only one of the options I threw in and not one that I would select myself. Others will. No, I'm not fond of hunting, either.
      January 17, 2017 4:01 PM MST

• Perhaps you heard the story of the scorpion and the frog. 
    Scorpion wanted frog to carry him across a river but frog said, "You'll sting me." 
    Scorpion said, "I can't sting you. If I do, I'll drown" 
    So frog carries scorpion and half way across, sure enough, the scorpion struck. 
    The dying frog said, "But why? Now we'll both die."
    And the scorpion said, "I know but it's in my nature." 

I'm afraid, Kittigate, that we are like that scorpion. We'll keep raping this planet till it has nothing more to give. 
      January 17, 2017 4:06 PM MST

• Perhaps you heard the story of the scorpion and the frog. 
    Scorpion wanted frog to carry him across a river but frog said, "You'll sting me." 
    Scorpion said, "I can't sting you. If I do, I'll drown" 
    So frog carries scorpion and half way across, sure enough, the scorpion struck. 
    The dying frog said, "But why? Now we'll both die."
    And the scorpion said, "I know but it's in my nature." 

I'm afraid, Kittigate, that we are like that scorpion. We'll keep raping this planet till it has nothing more to give. 
      January 17, 2017 4:06 PM MST

Right. 
      January 17, 2017 4:21 PM MST

• My understanding is most don't kill the host?? ... Or is that brief wrong?... Human gut flora are rather beneficial it appears and surely that would qualify as a parasite... A symbiotic one?
      January 17, 2017 3:50 PM MST

• Some do, some don't. Some are even beneficial. Too many of them are a darned nuisance. You may be right about the symbiosis. 
      January 17, 2017 4:03 PM MST

• A good observation ... Now let's go back to the part about generally not killing the host ... And try to take the politicians along with us .....
      January 17, 2017 5:56 PM MST

• That might be a stretch. :) 
      January 17, 2017 10:11 PM MST

• I'm a pisces... i live in a fantasy world  :)
      January 17, 2017 10:20 PM MST

Are we not all parasites of one form or another. The grass takes the earth, and starts to grow in it. The cattle or the people live off the grass. The  earth is made more healthy for the grass by the bodies of the people or cattle. 
      January 17, 2017 5:15 PM MST

• Maybe Ozgirl's symbiosis relates to your answer. 
      January 17, 2017 5:33 PM MST

In the beginning god created the heaven and the earth. This offended a lot of people and is generally considered a bad idea.
      January 17, 2017 6:11 PM MST

• He was still a youngster back then, Jewels. We can't hold youthful indiscretion against him. 
      January 17, 2017 10:15 PM MST

Well sure! He can't help it if He's God!
      January 23, 2017 12:42 PM MST

Parasites just evolved that sort of survival strategy. Mother Nature/God or whoever are cruel anyway, so they don't really care.
      January 17, 2017 7:04 PM MST

• The universe is amoral
      January 18, 2017 4:24 PM MST

Parasite---An organism that lives off or in another organism, obtaining nourishment and protection while offering no benefit in return...

Perhaps this is not the question that if answered would actually lead us to an appropriate understanding of the issue...

Perhaps, since parasites obviously exist and are easily and correctly classified as a "pre-moral evil," perhaps we should ask what purpose---if any---might suffering serve in the universe....

I'm not sure any of us have figured out the answer to that one.
      January 18, 2017 5:08 PM MST