Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » On Friday it will be out with the old, in with the new. Will your life change dramatically immediately or will nothing change at all? Why?

On Friday it will be out with the old, in with the new. Will your life change dramatically immediately or will nothing change at all? Why?

Posted - January 18, 2017

Responses

• It will be business as usual for me. I'll go to work, put in my 8 hours, come home watch TV, play on the computer and enjoy my weekend. 
      January 18, 2017 4:00 AM MST

You're not on social security or medicare. You don't rely on AHCA.  You have hope that the new guy will do right by us. All is okey dokey in your world Karen. For now. That isn't true for many of us. I hope your enjoy remains. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday!  :)
      January 18, 2017 6:33 AM MST

• I'm getting close to that age though. I do worry if it's still going to be there when I do retire in a few years. I just don't see things magically changing overnight. All is not okey dokey in my world either, you don't know what struggles I am going through right now. I have my worries and my fears, I just don't let them control every waking moment of my life. I put on my big girl pants and my happy face and go out into a world that is changing and try not to let it destroy me.
      January 19, 2017 3:48 AM MST

I am very sorry to hear that m'dear. If we only knew all the backstories about everyone our views would change about them I'm sure. All we see is what we are allowed to see by others and not what is really  there driving things. I sincerely hope that whatever problems you face now diminish and soon. You're a real sweetheart. We don't agree all the time but SO WHAT? Thank you for your reply! ((hugs))
      January 19, 2017 3:56 AM MST

• Thank you Rosie. :) It's true we don't always agree, but I do like you. You say what's on your mind and that's a good thing. I have a lot of struggles right now. Both emotionally and family oriented. I'm just as concerned about the future as you are. It's just that I have so much going on personally right now, that the present takes all my energy. One thing going on is my best friend just lost both of her parents. Her mom died on Dec. 26 and her dad on Jan 6. She is an only child and she is disabled trying to get on disability. She was able to borrow the money to bury her mom, but her dad is in cold storage right now because she can't afford to bury him. Neither of them had life insurance. I've known these people since 1973, I was 12 then, and they are like a second set of parents to me. Her dad was pretty much the only father figure I ever had. She's started a GoFundMe account and I have contributed, but she hasn't raised near enough money to get Papa buried. This plays on my mind every day. I have cried over it, I've cussed over it and I've prayed over it. My dad died last year and my aunt didn't tell anyone about it, said that was his wishes. She buried him without a viewing, obituary or telling anyone he died. I didn't even get to say goodbye to him. My mom has about lost what's left of her mind, I haven't talked to her in a long time. She thinks I hate her, I do not. She thinks all of us hate her and she starts arguments with my sisters every time they talk to her. My brother has pretty much distanced himself from all of us because his wife's aunt and uncle are pretty wealthy and have moved in with them and bought them a huge house in the better part of town. My health isn't the best in the world, I have my third eye doctor appointment this morning because of a red swollen eye. I can't seem to get my blood sugar under control these days, and that is very concerning. I hit retirement age in 12 years and I don't know if SS is still going to be there or not. So, my life is far from okey dokey right now. That's just a few of the things going on in my life right now. Like I said, I put on my big girl pants and my happy face and go out in the world every morning and try not to have a nervous breakdown. 
      January 19, 2017 4:56 AM MST

I will say a prayer for you and yours. 
    Your friend will likely need an attorney to get her disability. They will take the case just like a injury where they get a percentage. 
      January 19, 2017 5:12 AM MST

• Thank you. She had one but he messed her filing up and she was denied. I sent her to one of my friends who is a disability attorney, and he is doing everything he can to help get her approved. She stands a good chance this time, but they take their time with approvals. 
      January 19, 2017 5:15 AM MST

Yes they definitely drag it out. But that is also why the attorneys are willing to do the percentage, the get a cut of that back pay. But help you not make a silly mistake (paperwork or simply not answering a question the way the gov needs it answered) that could cause the denial. Even something as simple as the Dr asked "How are you today?" .... The is never "I am fine/ok/good" Because that can end up in the Dr paperwork. And it hurts the case. 
      January 19, 2017 6:27 AM MST

• I know. I processed disability claims for 15 years. The attorney I sent her to will get things done quickly for her as far as paperwork goes. He's a personal friend and won't drag it out. He can't make them go any faster, but he can make sure her paperwork is in on time. 
      January 19, 2017 6:52 AM MST

Ok then sounds like you know all about it. 
      January 19, 2017 7:51 AM MST

• Well, I processed disability claims for 15 years. I worked for the state for that long, and that's what I did. I just recently took another job in the private sector. I now work in a hospital for a company that helps patients without insurance sign up for disability, medicaid, and medicare. The attorney I mentioned used to work for disability as well. As soon as he passed the bar exam, he opened his own practice, and he takes disability clients. 
      January 21, 2017 8:49 AM MST

Drastic change depends on the test results from today. Either way I'm good. 
      January 18, 2017 4:22 AM MST

Good Sunshine. I hope your circumstances stay that way.  Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 18, 2017 6:31 AM MST

• Not much will change in general in my personal life. I'll be off to work for most of the day then I'll come home and retire to my room with some pizza and enjoy me some Battlefield 1.
      January 18, 2017 6:19 AM MST

I gather that Battlefield 1 is a computer game? The only computer game I play is called Bespelled and it's really just Scrabble with a fancy name. I'm addicted to it. Thank you for your reply Red and Happy Wednesday. I hope you are not inconvenienced and that your life pretty much stays the same. I guess we'll find out soon enough. SIGH
      January 18, 2017 6:28 AM MST

• Hi Rosie!! How are you? Yes, it's a video game for Xbox One. One of my favorites. I've played one of those words with friends games on my phone before. It's fun to win :P
      January 18, 2017 6:52 AM MST

Fine m'dear! Thanks for asking! I agree Red. Winning is always fun. I can't think of a time I've won when it made me feel bad! Is Battlefield 1 a hack and slay game? You know where the goal is everyone dies? I remember years ago when my adult son was a kid he and his friends played Dungeons and Dragons. It seemed kinda violent to me so I asked him to create a dungeon where only good things happened. I think he tried very hard to do that but of course doing that defeated the purpose of the game which was to take out people, win points or magic abilities and keep going. So he said he couldn't do it. Too bad you can't win points by saving lives rather than taking them! But I digress. What is it about that particular game that hooks you? This post was edited by RosieG at January 18, 2017 7:06 AM MST
      January 18, 2017 7:05 AM MST

• It's basically that where two teams fight against each other. It's called team death match where the goal is pretty much to kill as many other team as possible. The game can get very intense which is awesome. I like the teamwork part of it. Of the people on your side, you can form a team of four players to work with to accomplish the mission, like blowing up the enemy's communications tower. I'm usually the healer. I follow my teammates around and make sure they don't die.
      January 18, 2017 7:25 AM MST

((hugs)) I knew there was something special about you Red. The healer? Yes. That is a very good thing to be. You are rare. Take good care of yourself! Happy Thursday m'dear! :)
      January 19, 2017 4:11 AM MST

• Happy Thursday! ((hugs))
      January 19, 2017 5:59 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

Yes, it WILL..  I'm on Medicare.  Right wingers wanna END it..  I receive Social Security..  Right wingers wanna END it.  My grandchildren are on Obamacare.  Right wingers wanna END it.  I like clean water..  Right wingers wanna END it.  I breathe, too.  Right wingers wanna END it.

Shall I go on?

excon
      January 18, 2017 6:27 AM MST

No sweetie. As you know Jim and I are in that boat with you  so I guess we can hold hands, sing Kumbaya and hope for a better day.  And hang on. And survive.  I'm not gonna ask what are the odds of that. I don't want to know the answer! :( Thank you for your reply excon!
      January 18, 2017 6:30 AM MST

Well, it's out with the old, and in with the...old.
    Trump, is part of the FRC, the trilateral commission, Obama had 11 members of the Trilateral Commission on his team, and Hilary took direction from guess?  The Trilateral Commission. It isn't your presidents who run the agenda, it is the men behind them. Their goal is globalisation.  They keep the democrat v Republic because it focus' attention away from what their goal is, and who they are.  However, there hasn't been a democratic v Republic in a long time, they are part and parcel of the same game.

January 18, 2017 6:29 PM MST

Apologies Colin but I have never heard of The Trilateral Commission. Guess it's time to Google it. Thank you for your thoughtful response and Happy Thursday!  :)
      January 19, 2017 4:12 AM MST