Active Now

Element 99
Maurice214
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are sports fans more likely to be Republicans or Democrats? Lady Gaga is being gagged by the NFL. What are they afraid of?

Are sports fans more likely to be Republicans or Democrats? Lady Gaga is being gagged by the NFL. What are they afraid of?

Lady Gaga was told by the NFL not to mention Trump or politics or the election during half-time festivities at the Super Bowl.  Attacking the citizen's right to free speech at a SuperBowl Game? Seriously? Do you adore/abhor the NFL demand? Why?

Posted - January 18, 2017

Responses

• Well I'm sure they are a little afraid of alienating a portion of their fan base.
    Plus I just don't think the NFL( being a competition league for entertainment) wants to be politically involved in anything.   It's a good move all around.   It really shouldn't be political platform and using as such is kinda distasteful.  It doesn't belong there. If an entertainer can't abide by such a simple request to put their politics aside for one moment they can find somewhere else to voice an opinion.

I agree with the NFL's decision to focus on being solely an entertainment venue.
      January 18, 2017 4:56 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

We don't have free speech at work.  You say what your employer wants you to say, or you say nothing.

excon
      January 18, 2017 5:01 AM MST

• I agree with it. That is neither the time nor place for political incitement. It's a sporting event and should just be focused on the game at hand. 
      January 18, 2017 5:06 AM MST

It is not her concert. It is the NFLs concert, they get to make the rules. If she doesn't like them she can decide not to sing.
      January 18, 2017 5:12 AM MST

• Perhaps the NFL should just paly football and drop the fatuous entertainment.
      January 18, 2017 2:18 PM MST

She is a hired actor and they can certainly demand that she keep her personal opinion off of their stage. 
      January 19, 2017 3:42 AM MST