Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Sometimes you have so many problems that require solutions you just want to go sleep and wake up when everything is resolved. Don't you?

Sometimes you have so many problems that require solutions you just want to go sleep and wake up when everything is resolved. Don't you?

Have you ever awakened with a solution in mind about something that was worrying you/bothering you? Was a good fix?

Posted - January 18, 2017

Responses

Interesting you should ask. I was working on a difficult math/physics problem while in college. I had been working on it for about four hours and decided to take a short nap. While lying on the sofa, in that state of mind between awake and asleep, the solution to the problem popped into my head. I hurried over to my  desk and finished the problem in a few minutes.
      January 18, 2017 7:21 AM MST

I am a note and list person. I make lists for everything including notes reminding me where I put my lists. I have a fear of forgetting things, which I do not do as often as I used to. My wife once said I remember because I write them down several times. Recently with her passing I have begun to wake up with detailed answers to problems I had the day before, or the week before, or the month before. Some of the problems were what I call mechanical. Things I needed or fix to assemble. Others where the location of something I put away over a year ago. Others were decisions I had to make about life and children. I now have a pad and pen next to my bed. Rarely does a morning go by I don't wake up writing in my little pad.  
      January 18, 2017 9:05 AM MST

That was my usual m/o during my darkest times, but it only really postponed things until the next day. Sometimes that's all the break a person needs.
      January 18, 2017 9:08 AM MST

yes, ive felt that way sometimes myself
      January 18, 2017 9:48 AM MST

Yes Rosie I did many times wake up with a solution...... when I had a horrible dream.. lol.. I feel like "Thank God, It was a dream!
      January 18, 2017 11:04 AM MST