Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why should I hate Russia?

Why should I hate Russia?

Posted - January 18, 2017

Responses

• I see no reason to hate the Russians but I just don't believe in hate. Russia is more like a nemesis and has been since WW2. Maybe we should have let Patton have his way and destroyed them then. I don't know.
      January 18, 2017 9:16 AM MST

I guess it's more the Russian government than it's people. Any government for that matter.
      January 18, 2017 9:18 AM MST

You should not hate Russia, but you should not trust them. 

I like a lot of things that I cannot necessarily trust to have my best interest.   That does not mean I have to hate something.  

I don't like Putin.   I loathe the idea of the KGB.  Putin was the gang leader of the KGB and has taken measures to reinstall them.    I see Trump salivating over this idea.   Trump is the personification of one who sucks up to all things wrong.  Yep, it would be wonderful to be actual friends with Vlad, but in order to do that, you have to think like Vlad and behave and act like Vlad. 

They only worship power those two, so don't hate Russia.   Hate that those 2 are in power.  Hate that. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 18, 2017 9:24 AM MST
      January 18, 2017 9:19 AM MST

• Hate's a strong word.. I don't feel hate is warranted.. I do feel caution and concern are warranted.. and there are many documented and things said that warrant that.. not least of all the fact that one of Russia's aims is to weaken or destroy NATO... now NATO is there to protect all.. as in if Russia were in trouble they could count on all that support, in addition to their own resources... 
    It's my belief, based on reasoned interpretation that the Russians want to get rid of NATO  for nefarious reasons... and that America will be next or down the line on their hit list...  
      January 18, 2017 9:22 AM MST

you shouldnt
      January 18, 2017 9:39 AM MST

There is no reason to hate. It just stagnates any prospective progress. I think you should be wary of Russia. Think of the as a "frenemy". They may say they agree on something, but historically speaking it was for an ulterior motive.
      January 18, 2017 9:39 AM MST

Because someone said so!

There's really no other reason than that to hate them.
      January 18, 2017 10:15 AM MST

The Russian people are very kind and generous. My grandparents were from there. They cannot control their government anymore than we can control ours.
      January 18, 2017 10:37 AM MST

• No you shouldn't hate Russia, nor should you be envious of the same. There are people with the same hopes and desires in Russia as we have here. Add to that the fact that they would give their eye teeth to be pursuing their hopes and dreams here, rather than there. 
      January 18, 2017 11:11 AM MST

They all speak in a most peculiar language and have silly names like "Vladimir" and "Svetlana".
    AND, most significantly, they are foreigners and thus not in the least British.
    BUT you do not have to hate them. Sympathy for their lack of Anglo-Saxon connections is enough.
      January 18, 2017 11:43 AM MST

Dont' hate.  It takes up way too much of your resources.
      January 19, 2017 12:49 AM MST

Because they waste a lot of potatoes making vodka instead of fries.
      January 19, 2017 3:26 AM MST