Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » What's your guilty pleasure song? A song that, even though you like it, you wouldn't drive downtown on blast, with the Windows down?

What's your guilty pleasure song? A song that, even though you like it, you wouldn't drive downtown on blast, with the Windows down?

I remember been blown away the first time I heard this. At first I was a little intrigued with the slow build up and the perfect harmonies. I was like Meh. But then it starts riding the F minor like a train catching speed and before I knew I was tapping my foot and following the rhythm with my head.
The synchopation before the two minutes mark, that tiny move from C# to Cm on "moving in", the fall after "lose your head", fantastic. And when you think it is over, it grabs you to do it all over again at the 3:30 Mark. Absolutely fantastic!
I just wish it was about something else. Not the best song to blast as I pull into the parking lot at work.

Posted - January 18, 2017

Responses

• Of course, of course!
    I didn't know the history of the song, Thanks!
    About the other ones, all I can say is, WOW!
    But you know? Not that many generations have passed since those were the prevalent feelings here in the South.
    Im sure you know that "Ten Little Indians" was also, not the original title.

January 20, 2017 12:00 PM MST

• I was kinda surprised about those two songs when I first found out about them from an old sheet music book.  Both songs were Black-Face minstrels.

You mean some generations have passed?   Still pretty prevalent even here in the NE.
      January 20, 2017 12:23 PM MST

• Sometimes I wonder if that's what we are and multiculturalism is just a failed experiment.
    You know?
      January 20, 2017 1:06 PM MST

• I think the way our culture tried to implement it and define may have been a failed experiment.  Multiculturalism can have different meanings and definitions to different people and take different methods.
    Too much to discuss and philosophize about on it for this thread though.
      January 20, 2017 1:12 PM MST

• Very true...embarrassing songs....this would my number two.
      January 20, 2017 1:32 PM MST

If I like a song, I like it. 
    I've yet to feel guilty about any song I like.

In general, I'd play a song I like anywhere.

:)

January 21, 2017 3:21 PM MST