Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Is baldness a sign of intelligence?

Is baldness a sign of intelligence?

Posted - January 18, 2017

Responses

• Alas, no. Intelligence is directly linked to hair growth. People with a luxuriant mane are likely to be very intelligent; skinheads suffer self-inflicted stupidity by shaving their skulls. 

The brain cannot function without oxygen and this is achieved photo-synthetically when the hair on our heads picks up carbon dioxide from our breath and returns it directly to the brain. Not too surprisingly this is more effective for mouth breathers than for nose breathers whose exhalations are directed away from the head.

Bald people, like myself, struggle to keep up. My IQ is still in double figures but falling. There are times I'm grateful for my Velcro shoe fasteners so that I don't have the stress of trying to tie my shoelaces. 

I've grown a beard to try to reverse the problem but unfortunately it only carries oxygen to the lower parts of my brain which is probably the reason I have so many base thoughts.

I wonder if hair implants would help?

January 18, 2017 10:53 PM MST

Hi Didge, although I don't know you well, since I'm very new to answermug,I've seen your contributions,they are really informative and knowledgeable,so I disagree when you say that baldness might have hindered your intelligence. Most ABers from Answerbag,from where I originally came,know that my questions are usually light hearted and not meant to be taken seriously;))
    please see the below link-

http://www.gq.com/gallery/the-100-most-powerful-bald-men-in-world
      January 18, 2017 11:02 PM MST

• Hi Veena. I'm even newer than you (came from ask.com via blurtit). My profile carries the warning "I have a licence to tell lies" so it doesn't pay to take me too seriously even though the stories I tell are true Unless they're not.  But thanks for the nice comment. I just sent you a friend request. Wanna dance? 
      January 19, 2017 11:27 AM MST

• "It is to bald guys."  I can't count how many bald guys have told me, "Grass doesn't grow on a busy street!"
    ..... or,  "God only made a few smart people.  The rest, he gave hair."
      January 18, 2017 11:14 PM MST

• Indeed, hair just gets in the way does't it?
    I remember reading once that as humans evolve men are going to become dumpy bald dwarves with small genitals.
    Let's hope that some of that might be wrong.
      January 18, 2017 11:29 PM MST

• Indeed! :)
      January 18, 2017 11:33 PM MST

• Doubt it.  We have been growing taller as time goes on.   Humans have the largest proportional genital size of all the apes.
      January 19, 2017 4:05 AM MST

• True, but for how long. I'll have to try find the source of this hypothesis again.
      January 19, 2017 4:10 AM MST

• I tend to go with the ones who say it will continue.  At least as long as we have our modern societies and they keep growing.
    If we continue to have more and more food then survival doesn't really have much need to adapt to us being smaller. Adaptation and evolution comes from being better able at passing our genes on and procreating.   So basically what the males turn into has a lot to do with y'all ladies wants and likes.
    If the life of the third world becomes dominate then we might see a reverse in the current trend.  In my humble plebe opinion.
      January 19, 2017 4:20 AM MST

•   January 19, 2017 4:25 AM MST

• Thanks. ^_^
      January 19, 2017 4:26 AM MST

• Oh endocrine disruptors.  Yeah, that's a whole other story.
    That's a chemical disruption, not evolution.  Even the article says that if EDC's cause hormonal change side effects that the trend will reverse once exposure is taken away.
      January 19, 2017 4:32 AM MST

• I'm not bald, Alf. I'm an eggshell blond. 
      January 19, 2017 11:28 AM MST

• (smiles)
      January 19, 2017 1:45 PM MST

Oh!
      January 20, 2017 10:34 PM MST

• Only in intelligent people and only if they're bald ... only as a general rule
      January 19, 2017 12:57 AM MST

• I'm surprised all you women are missing the obvious opportunity. "Or course not. Women are smarter than men and we don't go bald." 
      January 19, 2017 11:30 AM MST

I've been taught not to lie. Ahem.
      January 19, 2017 12:31 PM MST

• Dear Didge... Are you familiar with the term "shooting fish in a barrel"?
    Some things are just too easy and as such contain no sport!
     Said the same "totally serious" way as most of my answers :)
      January 19, 2017 4:17 PM MST

• Well *harrumph!* if you're gonna be like that... 
      January 19, 2017 4:21 PM MST

• Lol... My apologies... I'm going to blame it on the still unfinished caffeine steaming besides me :)
      January 19, 2017 4:22 PM MST

You have a great sense of humor;))
      January 20, 2017 10:36 PM MST

• Why thank you :)
      January 21, 2017 3:19 AM MST

What kind of baldness? Ahem. 
      January 19, 2017 4:27 AM MST