Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Personal attacks are banned. Generic attacks are hunky dorry. You can say "all Conservatives are *&^%$#@! but not "You are *&^%$#@!. Why?

Personal attacks are banned. Generic attacks are hunky dorry. You can say "all Conservatives are *&^%$#@! but not "You are *&^%$#@!. Why?

You can also insult specific politicians or celebrities and no one says diddily! A Conservative Answermugger who is talking to me and says "All Liberals are *&^%$#@!"  is insulting me directly and specifically and pointedly and will get away with it. But that's okay. It makes no sense at all to me. Doth it make sense to thee? How and why?

Posted - January 19, 2017

Responses

Victim looks funny on you.
      January 19, 2017 3:25 AM MST

I forgive you for all the unkind things you have ever said to me  all these years on Answerbag and on Answermug. I also forgive you for all future unkind things you will say. Happy Thursday Thriftymaid.
      January 19, 2017 6:54 AM MST

Hi Rosie, yeah I don't get it either. Aren't personal attacks usually made as statements?  Did you know what you say can be construed as a personal attack merely by letting someone know if they need you, you'll be there for them?  It's like some good deeds just aren't met with open arms these days. It's a shame, a real darn tootin' shame I say. 
      January 19, 2017 3:44 AM MST

I dunno PC. It doesn't seem logical to me at all. I keep looking for reasonable/sensible/logical and it seems to be getting more and more difficult to find. Then you also have the folks who only show up to attack/insult/make fools of themselves. I don't get them either. Different strokes. Go figger!  It's a curious world and getting curiouser. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Thursday to thee!  :)(
      January 19, 2017 3:53 AM MST

Remember a rule not allowing a member to say Liberals are xxxx, would also apply to answers and questions saying general insults about GOP supporters/voters, etc  would also be against that same rule.
    And how far do we go with that? 
      January 20, 2017 2:56 AM MST