Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » On the long-ago TV show "The West Wing" the president's wife (who was a doctor) conspired to hide his medical condition. OK with you?

On the long-ago TV show "The West Wing" the president's wife (who was a doctor) conspired to hide his medical condition. OK with you?

JFK had lots of stuff wrong with him. Woodrow Wilson's wife protected him. FDR was wheelchair bound for  years and people didn't know. Is that an okay thing? What medical condition(s) does Trump have that is/are being hidden from us? Does it matter to you one way or the other?  Do presidents owe TRUTH about themselves to we the people?

Posted - January 19, 2017

Responses

Unfortunately we the people have a tendency to go off "half cocked" for the simplest reason. In most arenas the health of a world leader would effect stock markets and all sorts of geo-political issues.  I read a short article this morning that the leader of North Korea has gained weight based on South Korean Intelligence analysis of pictures and his "gate" in news films. OK so the man is becoming a house and he is apparently suffering the ill effects of gaining weight and "living the good life". For me it is "I really do not care". However for many around the world it is time to celebrate. He might die sooner than latter they say. Back to the point, a sickly or an unhealthy president would be considered weak, his negotiating powers would be diminished. Unrealistic but true. Also everyone turns and looks very closely at the Vice President, hummmmm.  This post was edited by Ancient One at January 20, 2017 2:49 AM MST
      January 19, 2017 12:05 PM MST

Too funny. "OK so the man is becoming house"! Seriously I can't stop giggling. I think being honest with the people you serve is important. But  presidents can't be entirely honest because they would jeopardize the security of the country. So they have to choose judiciously what they share and what they hold close to the vest.  I guess the theory is what we don't know can't affect us. I believe being prez of the United States is quite possibly the hardest job in the world and only idiots  would want it. That being said some idiots are smarter and better than others. The small orange man is not among that some in my opinion. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Ancient One! :)Oh. And the giggles! 
      January 20, 2017 2:54 AM MST