Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Does anyone still eat this garbage? I just don't see how anyone could touch this crap?

Does anyone still eat this garbage? I just don't see how anyone could touch this crap?

Read the stories about the chicken they use! Horrible!

Posted - January 19, 2017

Responses

Hello R:

I gave up cigarettes and cocaine..  But, I CAN'T give up my KFC..  I even DRIVE across town to get it..  AND, there's a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop across the street, so I get a TWOFER..

excon
      January 19, 2017 6:44 AM MST

• You're killing yourself!
      January 19, 2017 6:45 AM MST

• Not often, but it's hard to resist as a meal every now and then. I don't even like chicken. Heck, I don't like chickens.
      January 19, 2017 6:47 AM MST

Yes l do. Sadly ours shut down so I have to go to another town when I get the craving. 
      January 19, 2017 6:51 AM MST

• Not very often. Maybe once or twice a year at most. 
      January 19, 2017 7:00 AM MST

• It is a horrible thing. I agree. On principle alone, I can't see how anyone can support this. I take that back. I do see how some people can.
      January 19, 2017 7:35 AM MST

I can't recall the last time I had KFC.  In fact, the only fast food I eat is at Burger King on the Turnpike when I drive down to PA.
      January 19, 2017 7:36 AM MST

• KFC gives me inflammatory bowel flare ups. 
      January 19, 2017 9:03 AM MST

• That stuff will kill you!!
      January 19, 2017 9:04 AM MST

• Yep!
      January 19, 2017 10:08 AM MST

I'm with you Rooster.  I found out years ago how bad their chicken really was.  The bones were all blackened inside and just seem to be poor quality underneath that crunchy skin.

I personally stay away from KFC and most fast food.  It's simply not good for you.
      January 19, 2017 9:24 AM MST

• What if the chickens were still apallingly raised and slaughtered but the argument is that the end product was good for you. Should we overlook the supply process if it is preceived as beneficial?
    In this case the argument is that the benefit to us in not so on health grounds. Can the industrialsed slaughter of animals be viewed as being right or wrong simply on the basis of its benefit too us?
    Surely this would apply to practice of vivisection too. It's ok if we benefit. If we didn't it wouldn't exist. 
    What about if it was beneficial but we made a decision not to perform it.
    Basically, everything is skewed in our favour.

January 19, 2017 9:46 AM MST

I hear you on this Lucia.  I don't doubt the conditions those chickens are raised in and it does bother me...a lot.  

It's been a slow process, but I am moving away from food like this for many reasons.
      January 19, 2017 9:56 AM MST

• That's really good. I don't mean that in a condescending way, I promise. It's about independence of thought. Thanks.)
      January 19, 2017 12:28 PM MST

Nothing sounded condescending about your thoughts Lucia.  I appreciated them.  

January 19, 2017 1:59 PM MST

• Popeye's all the way.
      January 19, 2017 10:04 AM MST

Agreed.  I don't eat it much, but if I were to indulge, I would get it there over KFC.
      January 19, 2017 10:25 AM MST

If we want fried chicken (I don't fry  in my house) we call in an order and  pick some up from Publix or Winn Dixie.   The chicken nuggets from Chick Fil A are great but expensive.  I really prefer chicken grilled, barbequed,  baked, or cooked in the crock pot. 

January 20, 2017 12:39 AM MST

• "No" ... next door is a Pollo Loco.  I get my chicken there
    and then I walk over to KFC to get a bunch of their biscuits.
                  I do like their biscuits!
      January 29, 2017 12:47 PM MST