Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » This is the last 24 hours of life as we know it. Savor it. Enjoy it. Appreciate it. Remember it. Once it's gone it's gone forever. Alas?

This is the last 24 hours of life as we know it. Savor it. Enjoy it. Appreciate it. Remember it. Once it's gone it's gone forever. Alas?

Posted - January 19, 2017

Responses

• I know.. i dread tomorrow.. think I will stay in all day and sulk and feel sorry for the world.... 
      January 19, 2017 7:46 AM MST

I have on a black top and dark grey sweats DdbTD. My attire for this day of mourning. I will not be watching any news shows this morning. The Australian Open tennis tournament is on so that's what Jim will be watching at least until noon pacific coast time. Then there is always golf tournaments to watch or the  history, science or Turner  Classic Movies channels. TCM is a favorite destination when we want to escape and go into a shell. No politics or breaking news there. Later on in the day I'll take a quick look at a news program just to see how many protesters showed up. Tomorrow is the BIG DAY worldwide. Women's marches ..sister marches...to support the  Women's March on Washington,D.C. I will be watching that avidly. Thank you for your reply m'dear.  We shall overcome. It's just gonna take 4 years unless the small orange man really screws up and is impeached. Stay tuned! :)
      January 20, 2017 3:25 AM MST

Oh the drama of it all. I suppose you are referring to Trump getting installed as president. Believe me it is not going to shake my world, I just feel a bit sorry for the Americans, but that is not news either.
      January 19, 2017 7:53 AM MST

It could shake your world my friend. Who knows what the he** the small orange man is going to do once he has the power. Thank you for feeling a bit sorry for us. I appreciate it. Happy Friday JakobA! :)
      January 20, 2017 3:26 AM MST

• It's OK, Rosie. It's already tomorrow in Australia and nothing bad has happened yet. (Well, except that Djokovic was knocked out in a 5-setter, but that was yesterday.) 
      January 19, 2017 10:34 AM MST

I know. Jim is devastated! He can't figure out why Djokovic is screwing up so badly.  I was never a fan of his and I don't know exactly why but Jim is a big fab so I feel bad for him. Thank you for your reply Didge and Happy Thursday! On the bright side Roger made it to the 3rd round! ")  By the way are you a Nick Kyrigos fan? He is very talented but a really "bad boy" sometimes. This post was edited by RosieG at January 19, 2017 10:51 AM MST
      January 19, 2017 10:41 AM MST

• No I'm not. He's so immature, so offensive, that if he was playing a singles match with Donald Trump I'd probably barrack for Teflon Don. 

I don't think Djokovic played so badly. Istomin played the game of his life. I was hoping Novak would win the tournament but now that he's out it makes the path easier for Murray and Federer. Go Roger! 
      January 19, 2017 10:54 AM MST

((hugs)) Thanks my friend. I believe Roger is 35 so who knows how much longer we will have him to watch. It will be a sad day when he retires. I do hope he has another major win in him. I wonder what's up with Djokovich though? Any health issues? Jim wanted to listen to an after-match interview but I don't think there was one. I don't know what the rules are about that Didge. I think players are obligated to show up to interviews and if they don't they can be fined. But I don't know for sure. Anyway hope today is a good day for all. So far no rain delays. I think they're really hard on the players! Happy viewing! :) Jim just read this and said "that's a good response honey". He knows all about what a nifty guy you are! :)
      January 20, 2017 3:33 AM MST

• I know the winner always gets interviewed. Sometimes they do interviews with both players but I don't think it happens all the time. I really don't think there was much wrong the Djokovic, it was just that Istomin played so well.

In a chess tournament I once played against one of Sydney's top players. He won, of course, but after the game he said, "I never get an easy game. Whenever I play anybody they lift their game to try to match me." Maybe that's what Istomin did.

I'm logging off. Back tomorrow. Have a nice day. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 20, 2017 3:49 AM MST
      January 20, 2017 3:37 AM MST

Thanks Didge. See ya later gator! :)
      January 20, 2017 3:49 AM MST

It will be ok Rosie all the Hillary supporters will be protesting with the protest leaders like Jackson,Sharpton, and the Congressman  what's his name? the one that has nothing better to do but protest instead of doing what he is supposed to do, oh well it doesn't matter.
         The Demoncrats are really showing the people what they are really about,professional protesters.
                      Have a great day Rosie, better days are coming.
      January 19, 2017 10:49 AM MST

Sarcasm and condescension does not become you.  However because I am always polite I will thank you for your reply TomT. But honestly my heart is not in it. I am doing it for appearances sake just in case my mom is watching down from wherever she is and looking over my shoulder. I was taught to be polite even when others are impolite. This post was edited by RosieG at January 20, 2017 6:19 AM MST
      January 20, 2017 3:19 AM MST

• You always sound reasonable and polite.  You do a great job here - making people think and helping us all not forget the sheer awfulness of what's happened.
      January 20, 2017 6:20 AM MST

She is more likely saying, just because someone has a different opinion than you, it doesn't mean they are wrong. I have no ill feelings about you , I don't put on an act, I tell it like it is , I think you are intelligent and interesting, even though you only want people to agree with you, that's being two faced and hypocritical.
        Have a great day Rosie and my God Bless you
      January 20, 2017 1:32 PM MST

• A reasonable person can't help but chuckle over your apocalyptic, "sky is falling" response. Many of us here hope that this is indeed the end of life as we know it. In the meantime, run for shelter as the end of the age approaches. Four years from now we'll all be here to remind you of your dire prognostications.This nation has a really wonderful way of continuing.
      January 20, 2017 3:18 PM MST