Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Of COURSE you don't think Trump will JAIL his enemy's in the media, but that's because you don't WANT to. I absolutely believe he will..

Of COURSE you don't think Trump will JAIL his enemy's in the media, but that's because you don't WANT to. I absolutely believe he will..

Hello:

If Trump had EVER demonstrated even a modicum of REASON and CAUTION, I wouldn't think so either..  But, he HASN'T, so I DO.  Today, his only weapon is twitter, and he uses it to attack his enemy's with abandon.  Tomorrow, he'll have the full force of the federal government at his disposal, and I can't imagine him NOT using it...

excon

Posted - January 19, 2017

Responses

• Ahh the voice of reason.. but as you well know the ones who really need to wake up and smell the roses have their heads buried in the sand and don't want to know, won't listen and prefer to believe right wing propaganda..

Will they EVER learn.. it may be that they are incapable.. but I am a hopeless optimist.. i have to believe..  I have no optimism about Trump.. as you say he is a died in the wool (not sure you have that expression so apologies if not) liar, but i have to hope the people who voted for him are going to wake up soon. 
      January 19, 2017 9:35 AM MST

Hello again, DTD:

Yes, we're familiar with died in the wool..  But, getting the blubs is a new one, and I'm gonna use it..

excon This post was edited by excon at January 19, 2017 9:54 AM MST
      January 19, 2017 9:40 AM MST

"Dyed" in the wool - not "died". I.e., the material has a dye applied while it's still wool before being made into cloth. (I nit pick - no offense).

January 20, 2017 1:37 AM MST

• You know what? You are absolutely right! Thank you for pointing that out..sometimes my fingers get ahead of me and I don't necessarily fine tune everything I say.. my thing is passion and enthusiasm and sometimes there are glitches.  I also happen to be queen of typos, often miss capitals in my enthusiasm to get everything down but you are right - on this occasion I used entirely the wrong word.  It's interesting tho how people often do get these sayings wrong.. the one bull in a china shop is often misquoted, or used differently  I've heard bowl in a china shop.. and heard it used as meaning something entirely different to clumsy and careless..  What can i say.. to err is human, to forgive is divine.. i hope you can forgive my transgression.. it was not so much that I didn't *know* it should have been dyed.. just that in my haste I didn't use the right word and didn't check.. 
      January 20, 2017 3:09 AM MST

• This statement is very hypocritical. The majority of those Twitter posts, if not all of them, are in response to someone else who has attacked him. Where's the anger toward those who are using the media and social media to attack Trump? Why is it ok for them to berate Trump through these outlets, but it's not ok for him to respond? It's a double standard.
      January 19, 2017 9:40 AM MST

Hello Corey:

Well, there ya go..  Somebody else STARTED it..  Last time I used that was in 4th grade.

Do you NOT think people are gonna start stuff with him after he takes office??  They WILL!! And, you think ALL he'll do is tweet???  Dude!!

excon This post was edited by excon at January 20, 2017 5:27 AM MST
      January 19, 2017 9:45 AM MST

• Ahh I say this with upmost respect and of course respect your opinion and your entitlement to same.. but, do you not think that it's not befitting for a man who is a world leader, the president of the United States to be acting like a school kid..  My dad's bigger than your dad.. my mum said your mum is a silly moo.. it just seems so unseemly..  I can tell you this for sure.. world leaders and governments, not to mention people all round the world are seriously NOT impressed.. no way would a leader be allowed to act like a spoiled brat elsewhere in the world.. just saying and offering a perspective from other countries. 
      January 19, 2017 9:46 AM MST

This sad excuse for a human being will becme the president of the United States tomorrow. He is a PROVEN liar who lied to MILLIONS of people during his campaign. He is a PROVEN sexual pig who has been DOCUMENTED as saying such deplorable things about women that he demonstrates by this his DEEP HATRED OF WOMEN.

Can you imagine young boys looking to this SLOB as a ROLE MODEL because he is the president? God help us. 
      January 19, 2017 9:46 AM MST

• Absolutely and you forgot a couple of other things there too, like a man who doesn't listen to trained intelligence and experts and thinks he knows better, a man who has NO tact, style or ability to deal with other world leaders.. lol and even I have missed out a million valid other reasons there :P
      January 19, 2017 9:48 AM MST

(enemies)

Plural noun, not possessive noun.

January 19, 2017 11:56 PM MST

No I don't believe he will do such. I do believe he will call the media out if he believes they reported wrong. Maybe referring to them as fake news etc... Or doing as Obama was known to do if he did not like a question...that outlet no longer got interviews. 

Where was your outrage when This post was edited by my2cents at January 20, 2017 6:00 AM MST
      January 20, 2017 4:35 AM MST