Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Has anything 'bad' happened for you today as a forerunner of doom (re: Trump inauguration tomorrow )?

Has anything 'bad' happened for you today as a forerunner of doom (re: Trump inauguration tomorrow )?

My refrigerator conked out this morning. 

Posted - January 19, 2017

Responses

• Not yet, but as forerunning of doom goes a conked out fridge can't be taken lightly. Yup, doom. )
      January 19, 2017 11:09 PM MST

I had experience of a forerunner of doom one time before  that I ignored . I was so eager to make a certain investment then I lost big time. 
    Can't ignore those subtle warnings. 
      January 19, 2017 11:41 PM MST

• Blimey. How big was the doom forewarning?
      January 19, 2017 11:52 PM MST

I cashed a check for $4000. Then decided to buy Western Union money orders  $500. each to carry safely to a dealer to buy gold. I had bought gold gold before just at the right time and was lucky enough to make a profit.  I was never rich enough to keep gold as a long term investment. Anyway the dealer would not accept the MOs  so I had to take them back to Western Union -and pay again to cash them in. That was when I started getting a bad feeling that I should not buy gold. Then the price of gold dropped like never before and seemed no hope of recovery. I put the gold in the pawn shop because I was pretty active in alcoholism at the time...  I finally borrowed money from a friend to get gold out of hock and cash it in; out of $4000 I now had about $750. cash which spent sensibly on a badly needed upper dental plate.
    That was about 15 years ago. This post was edited by Kittigate at January 20, 2017 3:37 AM MST
      January 20, 2017 3:19 AM MST

TRUMP?

If I thought like that I am giving that wimp control over me.   I am responsible for the quality of my day, not  that impotent shyster.
      January 19, 2017 11:14 PM MST