Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Not one member of the opposing party in the Trump cabinet! Not ONE LATINO! ALT RIGHT WHITE RULES! Ain't that just great?

Not one member of the opposing party in the Trump cabinet! Not ONE LATINO! ALT RIGHT WHITE RULES! Ain't that just great?

Posted - January 19, 2017

Responses

It's beneath us to have this discussion as his cabinet isn't 'all white' and the race of his cabinet picks shouldn't even matter. If you think his picks are unqualified, let's have that discussion. If you think they're less qualified as a result of their skin color or his cabinet is inferior due solely to *skin color then that would border on the same thinking you're assigning to him.

Expecting him to select a cabinet member out of a party that has largely boycotted and demeaned him is naive at best.

I can't stand the guy, don't think he's qualified and suspect much of his persona is a big fat lie, but let's stop short of assigning thoughts / feelings to him based on biased assumptions about him. That road leads to becoming the very thing you despise. This post was edited by ForkNdaRoad at July 20, 2018 1:21 PM MDT
      January 19, 2017 11:18 AM MST

I disagree with everything you said. So what?  I think the small orange man's cabinet should be representative of the people he works for. You don't. So what? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday FNR.
      January 20, 2017 2:18 AM MST

If it makes you feel better, Obama was kind enough to appoint over 100 of his own aids and personal associates to federal positions before leaving office.

I'd say that's more than sufficient "representation," but especially given many of them are in advisory positions like the National Infrastructure Advisory Council. There are 30 members of that council and 5 of those appointments are now White House officials pulled directly out of Obama's admin... as just one example. Some of them, around 16 or 17 I think, will require Senate confirmation.

To suggest there's insufficient representation is a stretch on its own, but to make that assertion based exclusively on race isn't just inaccurate, it's the very thinking he's accused of.

January 20, 2017 9:14 AM MST

1. There are 15 members of Trump's cabinet.
    2. There is one white female and one Chinese female.
    3. The is one African American male. 
    4. The rest are white males.
    5. They all oppose LGBT rights.
    6. All are millionaires or billionaires.
    7. The problem with not having enough diversity, is not being able to see different viewpoints and get different opinions. The populations they serve are diverse, so they should have enough diversity to serve, as they are public servants. 
      January 19, 2017 2:32 PM MST

I think the small orange man's cabinet should be representative of the people he works for and not a reflection of himself and his cronies. That is if he truly plans to be president for all the people. Which is bullsh **. He is president for himself and those who suck up to him and compliment him  and agree with him. The rest of us can go to he** as far as he is concerned. He is very limited in his views which will severely limit his success. Thank you for your thoughtful answer Marguerite and Happy Friday! :)
      January 20, 2017 2:30 AM MST

Send in the assassin's!!!!

Or an electric fan. That'll get rid of the trumps!
      January 20, 2017 2:44 AM MST

(assasins)

No apostrophe.

February 21, 2017 5:48 AM MST

the story of america.
      January 20, 2017 4:00 AM MST

SEC of Labor....
      February 21, 2017 6:18 AM MST