Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Got any funny kid stories?

Got any funny kid stories?

One December, a teacher asked her class to draw the Nativity scene. One kid's picture showed Joseph and Mary, Jesus in his manger, the three wise men, and a big fat guy. When asked who he was the little boy said, "That's round John Virgin." And, yes, it's supposed to be a true story. What's yours? 

Posted - January 19, 2017

Responses

One day I was visiting my uncle so I was having dinner at his house.  He didn't like the way my little cousin was behaving at the dinner table so he told her to stop behaving like a Neanderthal.

She told him that he shouldn't judge Neanderthals just because they were different from us.  He couldn't think of anything to say back to her.

Cousin 1
    Uncle   0
      January 19, 2017 5:55 PM MST

• Lovely! She won that one. :) 
      January 19, 2017 8:06 PM MST

• As soon as I could walk with ease my parents had to put bolts on our doors ( which wasn't a common  thing back  then) Cos I would strip down naked and run down the sidewalk....I never crossed the street though so I was a good kid:)  you can probably guess how difficult I was as a teen.... :) 
      January 19, 2017 6:05 PM MST

• Oh my, lol!
      January 19, 2017 6:54 PM MST

• Lol :) I would have thought you'd already heard this story from me :) yay something new :)
      January 19, 2017 6:58 PM MST

• I've never been privy to that story before, lol!
      January 19, 2017 7:23 PM MST

• Lol :) it's like the pony, gravity boots and bruised hips ....on the repeat  ..... You not know me at all?????  ;) 
      January 19, 2017 7:26 PM MST

• Incorrigible, I should think. :) 
      January 19, 2017 8:07 PM MST

Funny kid stories makes me think of this joke. I still laugh thinking about some of these 20 years later!  

http://www.jokesabout.net/children-childrens-books-youll-never-see

January 19, 2017 6:30 PM MST

• Ouch! That's quite a collection. :)
      January 19, 2017 8:08 PM MST

Nice, huh? There's no humor like wicked humor! ; )
      January 19, 2017 8:29 PM MST

• By the time I was twelve years old, I was a foot taller than my Mother.
    One day, she decided that I needed a spanking. I don't remember what for.
    As she grabbed up the yard stick, I asked her if I should bend over she could reach me better.
    She laughed so hard ... I didn't get the spanking. (true story)
      February 1, 2017 4:14 PM MST

• Love it! What mother could go ahead with a spanking after that. :)

I'm having trouble with my notifications. I don't get any at all for answers to my questions but got to this because you "liked" the question, so I had a peek to see if you'd answers. I told JA about it but apparently it's an individual thing and they can't find the problem. So apologies for any comments you've left that haven't been responded to. 
      February 1, 2017 4:23 PM MST

• I always "like" a question, if I answer it, so well done.

I'm not sure that your problem is "individual."  My computer has been loading the AM site really slowly all day and it seems to affect the notifications more than any other part of the site. A couple of times, during the day, I couldn't get mine either. It had stopped doing it the last time I checked. (whatever it is) :)
      February 1, 2017 8:15 PM MST

• I've been asking in blocks of five questions. Then once or twice during the day I go back to that block and see who has answered that I've missed. It's a personal thing, but if somebody takes the trouble to answer they deserve a Thanks and a response. 
      February 1, 2017 8:53 PM MST

• I agree completely. I don't ask many questions, but even now I go back through them to see if someone has adding something that I missed. I haven't shut off email or notifications, but I still check.
      February 1, 2017 9:15 PM MST

Does this count?
    It's one of my favorite comedy skits - -  by comedian Tim Hawkins. 

"Kids' Rock"

And someone in YoutubeLand has created the perfect video for the skit.
    The skit is self-explanatory and, boy, does Hawkins nail all the artists' voices!
    :)

Here it is ~

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 6, 2017 4:30 PM MST
      February 1, 2017 9:26 PM MST

WelbyQuentin~ This, By far and large, is the best post on any site I have heard in forever and a day.  It brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard.  I even had Don, my husband, come over and put on the headphones to listen. 
    Two Laughs Up!!!  Thank You for the Monday Giggle!
    This is a "keeper!"  
      February 6, 2017 3:54 PM MST

Hi Merlin!
    You made my day better! It looks and sounds as if you like this skit as much as I do! I laugh and laugh and have tears often, too, of laughter every time I listen! Hawkins' skit has stayed fresh to my ears. I can't remember the first time I heard this skit but it has been several years at the least. (And whoever made the video to the skit is talented -- the name of the youtuber is given at the end of the video.)

I'm glad you find my post one of the best in a long time for you! I love it, too! Thanks!
      February 6, 2017 4:43 PM MST

I liked it so much I shared it on my facebook page. Don put it on his also!   I also posted it on Ultimate Radio Show and Parrothead Lounge, both of which I think you might like.  I belong to both those video stations through facebook.  If you like classic rock, you'll really enjoy these places. 
    I know they all liked your post too!  Check them out when you have a chance. :) :)

https://www.facebook.com/julie.lynn.75491

u
    nder my page, you can see the groups I belong to and click on them.  
    Again, thanks for the great post!
      February 6, 2017 4:59 PM MST

Thanks for adding more fun stuff about "Kids' Rock." I'm not on facebook so I couldn't see where others enjoyed the Kids' Rock. Feel free to keep me informed, if you want, of what people say about the skit!
    I should look up the places you suggested. 
    I'm not so much a classic rock fan, I guess, though I think I am if a truly think about it. But most of these songs spoofed in the skit, I only knew by a sort-of "I've heard that song before" type of thing but I didn't know the real song being spoofed. Except for "Clocks" and that Morrissette spoof. Any time I now hear the 'real' songs, I think of Hawkins' Kids' Rock versions! Ha!

~ Oh, and I knew the real B-52's song "Love Shack!" This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 6, 2017 7:12 PM MST
      February 6, 2017 6:42 PM MST

• That was bloody delightful. These were all bands I don't normally hear and it was fabulous to listen to them hamming it up with the kids music. I'll bet the kids love it. 

It's all different now, of course. When I was a teen there was a song by Yma Sumac at the top of the hit parade called Whimowey. These days we know it as the children's song, The Lion Sleeps Tonight. 

Loved the kids' rock version of Old McDonald which reminded me of an Australian political cartoon... 

We had a very countrified state premier who was almost a caricature of a backwoods farmer. When he announced that he wanted to to transfer to federal politics, one cartoonist portrayed him driving a t-model ford past a signpost pointing the way. But what shot him down in flames was the car's numberplate: EIEIO. 
      February 1, 2017 10:05 PM MST

Hi Didge! I'm glad you liked the skit.
    I was unsure by your comment but, just in case, I wanted to say that all the songs in the video are sung by comedian Tim Hawkins. He took some of the bands'/artists' biggest hits and adapted the songs' lyrics to children's songs.
    Hawkins' ability to impersonate these bands and singers amazes me and makes me laugh.
    And hearing all of these adult hit songs made into children's songs also makes me laugh.
    Anyway, so the actual bands had nothing to do with this skit. And the skit is not intended for children --  it's a comedy skit for adults. But, you're right, the songs are fun --  if these bands actually released these songs themselves, I'd buy them!

Your story about the politics is good.
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 6, 2017 4:04 PM MST
      February 2, 2017 9:48 PM MST

• As kids we had a little gang. Carlos the black, Hector the Fat, Smalls (because I was so tall), and The Donkey, when he happened to be around. As much as we looked out for each other, there was only one rule, whomever got in real trouble, or hurt, because we were doing something forbidden, was on his own. i mean no reason to get everybody in trouble no?
    so whenever something happened, the rest of us would bolt. we werent supposed to say anything, but somebody always broke, you know, in case somebody was actually hurt.
    The next day nobody would admit to being the rat. I thought that was funny.
      February 6, 2017 5:53 PM MST