Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Business » Why don't Millenials boycott Starbucks and Apple if they care so much about "social justice"?

Why don't Millenials boycott Starbucks and Apple if they care so much about "social justice"?

Oh, that's right. They need those things to live.

Posted - January 19, 2017

Responses

• I'll boycott them and I'm a Millennial. Although, I won't do it in the name of "social justice" I just don't like either one of them :P
      January 19, 2017 6:42 PM MST

• I'm boycotting boycotting this week. Let me know the boycott du jour next week. If it's beer, leave a message, I'm at the bar.
      January 19, 2017 6:47 PM MST

Real millennials are not SJW's. Those are just wannabes, who want to get with their friends. 
      January 19, 2017 10:31 PM MST

• Exactly.
      January 20, 2017 5:06 AM MST

• I have Apple devices, not by choice as they were gifts originally. But. How are ALL manufactures of smartphones not similarly culpable when it comes to ethical practices, ie not being very ethical at all.
    Not one is exempt, so to sit there with a Sony android device and think that you too are not part of the problem seems ridiculously naive / complacent.
    Like saying to someone 'I can't abide people who take drugs' while holding a double Jack Daniels in one hand and a cigarrette in the other.

Alternatively maybe Millenials are just dumb. But no dumber than the rest of us.
      January 20, 2017 6:34 AM MST

True. But my point is, you can't say you want to "save the world", while supporting some of the largest corporations in existence. I have an Android device, but then I'm not out to save the world.
      January 20, 2017 7:01 AM MST

• True too, and yes it's a matter of degree. Ergo all activists or social change advocates cannot have a device of any sort in order to be credible.
    I actually agree. 
      January 20, 2017 7:31 AM MST