Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Dictators/Despots/Authoritarians/Bullies pollute/defile/demean the position. Once gone can the position ever be made honorable again? How?

Dictators/Despots/Authoritarians/Bullies pollute/defile/demean the position. Once gone can the position ever be made honorable again? How?

Posted - January 20, 2017

Responses

• They did it in Germany with our help of course. Got rid of Hitler and made Germany a fine country again! Now they have regular elections and the Lady that runs the country seems to be quite popular and leads the country quite well.
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 20, 2017 9:34 AM MST
      January 20, 2017 6:29 AM MST

• Ahem.. it's my understanding she has lost a lot of popularity in recent years  She isn't popular re their policy of letting in so many immigrants, many muslim.  I'm not here to bash Islamism but there are issues, and have been well publicised problems with muslim men assaulting women, and I am sure those aren't the only issues.  

Germany has been respected for decades and decades really, it has a strong economy and the people work hard, and erm play hard we are told :P  The lady isn't their only elected leader, they have had elections for a long long long time..I could be wrong but I think Hitler was *elected*.  Just to offer a bit of insight re history.. the German people didn't get rid of Hitler.. he supposedly committed suicide in a shelter at the end of the war when it was clear Germany had lost and had run out of options.  

January 20, 2017 6:39 AM MST

• Almost every European country and the U.S. has an immigration policy problem. Not enough vetting of some of these so called refugees. All countries have those same issues.
    I've known about their elections for years and only used her for the current example.
    As far as Hitler? I'm a WW2 historian and know all about what supposedly happened in April 1945
      January 20, 2017 6:51 AM MST

• Hi Rooster.. cool to all of that..I am pretty sure you could teach us all a thing or two about WW2 and that's a fabulous skill to have :) I am no expert, lol clearly... I was just perhaps being ultra accurate re the lady in question and what happened to Hitler? Or that was my intent anyway, to build on what you had said :) 
    Just out of interest tho.. I would argue that Germany has perhaps a more pronounced problem?  I mean we in the UK have our issues of course, but Germany have taken way more immigrants and, while I am not trying to single out Muslims, they have taken on more muslims than most countries.  So I guess that's what I was trying to say This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 20, 2017 7:40 AM MST
      January 20, 2017 7:37 AM MST

• I understand and you could very well be right about that. I have a feeling that Germany is trying to be as liberal as they can after WW2 and that could be affecting their decisions. Just my humble opinion is all.
      January 20, 2017 7:42 AM MST

• You could well be right there too... it's crossed my mind a time or two that maybe the UK suffers from a similar thing.. we were horrible in the empire days, well not MY ancestors but my country.. yes it's not quite as simple as that and we did learn our lesson.. but I wonder if we are not trying to be ultra, overly fair, reasonable and kind almost as an antidote to our horrible past?  Not sure - just thought I'd share
      January 20, 2017 7:45 AM MST

• Good point!
      January 20, 2017 7:48 AM MST

Touche! Thank you for your helpful reply Rooster and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      January 20, 2017 9:35 AM MST

• You're welcome Rosie. Wish it wasn't raining and it would be a great Friday. LOL
      January 20, 2017 9:37 AM MST

Well sweetie we in southern California worship rain! So we are happy and eager and grateful to take what we get! :)
      January 20, 2017 9:45 AM MST

• Here's where my optimism kicks in.. I think it would only take one good man to regain respect.. I think that was partly, Obama's problem.. he had an impossible task left him.. I KNEW, I could just feel it so strongly that one man couldn't do all the things expected of him.. the problems were too deep...too big.. It would have taken more than his time and efforts allowed.. I still think he was a good man.. and even though he wasn;t that keen on Brits we respected him..  Another like him would regain respect I think 
      January 20, 2017 6:42 AM MST

((hugs)) I'm keen enough on Brits to offset that sweetie. For sure! Thank you for your thoughtful reply! I'm avoiding TV completely today. Haven't watched any news program yet which is atypical for me. I do not under any circumstances want to witness a small orange man taking over for President Obama. If I don't see it then it never happened. Later on I'm gonna check in to see how many protests there were. Tomorrow will be a hallelulah day! Women's protest marches worldwide refuting/rejecting/despising what happened in America today. Thank you for your reply DdbTD! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 20, 2017 9:42 AM MST
      January 20, 2017 9:40 AM MST

Sure it can.  He just left office today.  It may take a little time. 
      January 21, 2017 2:35 AM MST