Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Do you *really* get what you work for? What about the past? Some seemed to have it easier.

Do you *really* get what you work for? What about the past? Some seemed to have it easier.

#boomers

Posted - January 20, 2017

Responses

• Hell no!

January 20, 2017 9:10 AM MST

I always worked hard and got promoted quickly. There is only one manager I had a problem with and by the time he showed up, I was in a position he couldn't touch me. I was still there and doing well when he left.
      January 20, 2017 10:09 AM MST

Some DO have it easier.  My half-brothers and sisters did not have to work their way through school and, because they were in the upper class and knew people with money and influence, got high paying jobs without having to compete. 
      January 20, 2017 7:13 PM MST

Nothing comes easy,even the richest man can't sit idle,his riches will dissolve sooner or later. However,some are more fortunate because their hard work gets rewarded well, but there are some who toil every minute yet remain unsuccessful, sad but destiny does seem to work,some are destined to be successful with very less effort where as for some their effort remains futile;((
      January 20, 2017 8:12 PM MST

I know I know...........some had better shoes that you, but take your complaint to the guy with no feet.  There is always someone worse off that we are.  I try to keep that in mind when I begin to enter that place where we say to ourselves, why me?

There simply is no answer.  God works in his own way in his own time.
      January 21, 2017 2:20 AM MST

I have personally found that "just rewards" are given according to what you do for yourself, your family and others. the rewards are not given instantaneously and in many cases you don't even realize you have received them. 
      January 23, 2017 2:42 AM MST