Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Anyone ever hear of the PANAMA PAPERS? it tells all about those who shelter their money in offshore accounts and names names. Do you care?

Anyone ever hear of the PANAMA PAPERS? it tells all about those who shelter their money in offshore accounts and names names. Do you care?

Posted - January 20, 2017

Responses

• Yes I have! As a matter of fact? I'm reading a book that has lot of information on the Panama papers. Not sure I really care that much as governments use shell companies to hide black ops round the world.
      January 20, 2017 9:33 AM MST

I know. Since everyone does it ain't a big whoop. Thank you for your reply Rooster and Happy Friday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 20, 2017 9:56 AM MST
      January 20, 2017 9:53 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

Not really.  These people are simply taking advantage of the US tax code..  Certainly, you deducted the interest you paid on your mortgage, and I don't want your name listed anywhere.  I COULD call your deduction a "loophole", since, as a tenant, I DON'T get it..  

If there's something WRONG with ANY of that, it's the tax CODE - not the people who obey it. 

excon
      January 20, 2017 9:38 AM MST

Thank you for your reply exccn. We rent. We don't own! Happy Friday.
      January 20, 2017 9:52 AM MST