Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Does your smart phone have a fitness app? Do you use it?

Does your smart phone have a fitness app? Do you use it?

Posted - January 20, 2017

Responses

• I used to have a pedometer app on my phone...I used it as it stayed on in the background...but after a days work and putting in anywhere from 8 - 10 miles a day, it just reminded me of how hard I was working, so I deleted it! ;)
      January 20, 2017 4:37 PM MST

• Mine counts the steps accurately enough but has absolutely no idea of my step length (and can't be adjusted) so I know how many steps I've taken but not how far I've walked. 
      January 20, 2017 4:53 PM MST

• I'm sure it's an "estimate" but I still don't like to look at it! Lol
      January 20, 2017 5:09 PM MST

My phone came with a fitness app but never used it. I do have a Fitbit and it is synced with my phone and laptop. I don't pay attention to my steps that much, mainly because i know I don't walk as much as I need to. I am trying to get into the mindset to better that. I do focus on my sleep. I do not get as much as of that as needed either. I have increased that by an hour a night though since i have been paying attention to it. I am still woefully short though. I am up to an average of 6 hours and 20 minutes. I don' know if I will ever get the recommended 8-9 hours, but I would be happy with 7.5 hours.  
      January 20, 2017 5:30 PM MST

• My phone app is a little disappointing but it does nag me if I don't walk enough, so that's a plus. 
      January 20, 2017 7:40 PM MST

Yes and yes. With the combination of crap weather and being under the weather myself, I've been telling it to f off quite a bit lately. Still won't shut up, every couple of days it has to tell me what a loser I am.
      January 20, 2017 9:33 PM MST

• It's a sad state of affairs when our phone apps start insulting us. 
      January 20, 2017 11:11 PM MST